Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Laundry, Laundry, Laundry!!!

Well, last weekend I did six loads of laundry and I am at it again this evening! The laundry is piling up! It is my three children and I; on day I may see light at the end of the tunnel! LOL

So, how many loads of laundry do you typically do in a weeks time? Do you ever feel like you are getting caught up with it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope never get caught up! Gets worse as children need work clothes plus their regular ones....Baby is 26 and I am waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel!

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I am a retired widow with no children or pets, my laundry is probably way less than others. I only do a few loads a week, sometimes less. I have tons of towels (you don't want to know how many and I am only one person, LOL) and sheets so that helps keep it down. But I probably do what most people don't and that is do the loads by colors. I do reds/pinks, then oranges/yellows, greys/blacks, that sort of thing. Most people throw colors in all at once, for some reason, I like to separate them so then I tend to wear similar colors each week so that I can do that. I don't know why, guess I am just a little crazy (my neighbors say so too but with love and that I am harmless, LOL).

I also barely use my dryer and hang up everything, no matter what time of the year it is. During the winter, unless it is warm enough that I can drag my little metal dryers outside, it gets hung in the basement. During the rest of the year, again weather permitting, I hang it outside.

I very rarely iron anymore, but I do have the Flip-Fold that was popular years ago. Found the company online since you can't find them in the stores and I use that (and it does make a difference) for my tee shirts and knit exercise stuff.

Okay, with that being said, guess I'll go throw a load of blacks/greys in the wash right now.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Oh,yes I remember all that laundry! I also have three children though they are all grown up and out of the house. Since I washed cloth diapers at the time the youngest came along I was doing about 24 loads a week. I swear I did some in my sleep! LOL! Never got truly caught up. Now it is just my husband and me I have about 1 or 2 loads a week on average. Always use my dryer-guess I am just lazy-but once it is dry and folded I am happy!
    So there is light at the end of the tunnel-just hang in there,Barb!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a never ending job!! AAAHHHH!!!! lol.... I feel like I am finally getting caught up, so I take a day or two break, then it's right back to where I started.... You'd think I'd have learned by now to not take the breaks, but I HATE folding laundry. I typically do at least 4-5 loads a week, but there are clothes sitting in 2 baskets that I haven't touched in months that the cats have decided to make their beds in, so I have to rewash them now instead of just putting them away. I keep putting it off. Shame on me =/

Post Thanks / Like
    Just me for the laundry part. I do live with my son and daughter-in-law and two grandchildren. They do a lot of laundry every week. With summer coming now, the kids are in bathing suits most of the time so that cuts down on the laundry here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I rarely go a day without some laundry, though it's a lot less that when I had 4 kids at home, all playing sports, job uniforms, etc. Now it's mostly me and DH, towels, etc. I don't mind laundry, I'm so glad that I have a washer and dryer that work! I find folding clothes rather therapeutic, kind of mindless. When we lived in NJ, we had a clothesline, which I usually used. But here, there are no basements and clotheslines are not allowed, so I usually use the dryer or a clothes rack in the garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Typically, my husband and I generate only a couple of loads of laundry a week. However, while my mother was here with us under hospice care, I was washing her sheets and bed clothes at least 3 times a week. I was so tired of folding sheets. Now that she's gone, I find myself wishing I still had need of doing all that laundry.
    Auntie Alice