Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

color sample chart of Red Heart yarns

Does anyone know how I can match shades of yarns from 30-40 years ago to today's patterns offered? I have inherited an abundance of yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet community! It is a pleasure to meet you and have you here at CrochetTalk! Thanks for joining us!

I am not sure if there are charts for the number of years back you are looking for. Do you know what you are planning to make with the yarn, yet? I would think you could do something like a ripple afghan where you can change colors and no one will ever know they are different yarn lots for the most part.

Congrats on the yarn inheritance! You could also make some smaller projects with the yarn you have. Others will be along and may have more info for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    I downloaded a new pattern that calls for colors that I may or maynot have. I,'ve made alot of ripples but I want to make something difeferent than before. Its actually a one big square-or retangle it has to be rainbow shades for a very special great neice.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only chart I know of is the Red Heart Multi-Color coordinate list but those are for yarns that are more or less newer. It gives coordinating solids that go with the multi.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    how do i get that? I would use the sample to match with yarn I have in stock. I'm downsizing. There is so much and I want to make a-few new afghans for my mom's great grand children since it is her yarn. She has lost all interest in crocheting due to dementia.
    Thanks so much for your help

Post Thanks / Like
    The list is on the Red Heart website but it only lists the colorways of the skeins and does not show the actual colors though. Sorry if I confused you. I cut and pasted the page that will lead you to the list. Just click on Multi Coordinates List and the list will come up and you can see what I mean.

[url=http://www.redheart.com/blog/confused-about-what-solids-mix-multis]Confused about what solids to mix with multis? | Red Heart[/url]

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for your guidance. Hope you have wonderful.day.
    Deb

Post Thanks / Like
    Many of the colour names have changed over the years so what would have been called 'brick red' 40 years ago for example probably won't be the same 'brick red' that's offered today.

I would suggest that you simply work with the yarns that you have and find coordinating colours if you need something more. the chances of finding a perfect match would be nearly impossible even if you are purchasing the same brand name.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome from Pa. Nice to have you with us