Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
    Post Thanks / Like

Are any of you doing any fishing during the warmer months?

I know that not everyone likes to fish, but some do! Are any of you planning on doing any fishing during the warmer months?

I went out with a friend of mine a few times already to run snag lines and he got some really big flathead catfish. Since he knows how to clean them the right way and I know how to prepare and cook them up, they were very delicious!

Love to hear your thoughts on fishing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my goodness Barbara where do you live?? I love to fish so does my sister, nieces, nephews, daughters etc. have not been able to fish since I've been in Va but I'm sure there's some good fishing here someplace. I will be looking for some fishing spots here soon I'm not even sure what they have around here but I like to catch any of them! Soooo funny if I catch any I will send you a picture! Have a good night Winnie

3. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There isn't any good fishing places around here. You can fish in the Mississippi but they aren't fit to eat around here.

5. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Barbara G. Yup I am planning on it. I have loved fishing from the time I could hold a pole. Haven't gone in the last few years. But I am planning too. I love catfish, thatis what I would like to fish for. Sometimes I use chicken liver, dough-balls and sometime I use worm. I usually take them all with me. What did you catch your catfish with????? I am always looking for something to try. Thanks ((hugs))

7. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    When my uncle was alive, he used to take me out by the Verrazano Bridge (he lived in Brooklyn, I used to drive out to his house) on his 36' sport fisherman boat and we used to fish for flounder. I loved it and miss it (he passed back in 1990) since he would move his boat around in the water. I prefer doing that instead of sitting on a dock. There are areas on LI where you can go out for the day on charter boats but I haven't done that. Maybe this summer (in that elusive spare time, LOL).

Roe

9. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually would like to, but I don't own a fishing rod and I have no idea where we could fish around here =D

11. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    Oh my goodness Barbara where do you live?? I love to fish so does my sister, nieces, nephews, daughters etc. have not been able to fish since I've been in Va but I'm sure there's some good fishing here someplace. I will be looking for some fishing spots here soon I'm not even sure what they have around here but I like to catch any of them! Soooo funny if I catch any I will send you a picture! Have a good night Winnie
    I live in NE Oklahoma near Grand Lake, although we do most of our fishing on the Neosho River. We have had so much rain the past few weeks we are waiting for the river to go back down to put out lines again. We are hoping to have a big fish fry for the family for the 4th of July celebration!

Post Thanks / Like
    Love to fish, but we farm and when the fishing is good, we are in the field. We bought a boat about 5 years ago and have had it on the lake once. Hoping that we can get some fishing in soon. Bought a new Rod and Reel and have not been able to use it yet.

14. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh that sounds wonderful!! We used to do that we would fish all day then clean them and have them for dinner yummy!! Miss that so much. Hope we get to go at least once this summer!! Do you have a boat or fish from the bank?? Either way catch a bunch :-) (((hugs))) Winnie

16. Likes little drummer, Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    little drummer You aren't the only one I bought a new rod and reel 2 years and licenses last year and I haven't been out yet but am sure looking forward to it this year.
    charlye

18. Likes little drummer, Barbara G. liked this post