Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What are some of your goals for the home this summer?

Summer can be a great time to catch up on some projects at home! What are some of your goals for the home for the summer?

We would love to hear your thoughts!!

I plan to try to get more boxes unpacked in my garage this summer. I want to eliminate some things so I have less to take care of!

2. Likes Lynda Fey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara, I love home projects! I will continue to clean my garage and my home of items that aren't needed or wanted. This will be an ongoing project until my goal is reached. Also, I have a few small projects for a handyman.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am waiting to get the brick on the front of our house and get the walls in the family room done. We had a storm come through and twisted our house, caving in the basement foundation of our house. We have the basement walls fixed, but are waiting to get the brick on the front. When the storm twisted our house, it cracked the sheetrock so we need to get all that fixed. Not looking forward to the mess, but wanting it to be done.

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have windows and curtains that need to be washed. My porch where I keep all my gardening tools and supplies needs to be cleaned and organized better. So, I hope to get that done.

8. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do nothing but Peter wants to put squares on walls and top of the room
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

10. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I really need to get some of the pictures/art back up on the walls. My DD commented on my "new décor"-it's just never been put back since March? whenever my DS had the living room and hallways painted! I can't be hammering during the day, as DS is a police officer working the night shift and sleeping then. At night, I'm much too tired and the light isn't right. Oh well, I'll get to it eventually!

12. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Redecorating the guest room is on my list. I frogged the old afghan in there and am reusing the yarn for a new one. Liked the colour, just not the pattern. Shed needs straightening out and I have already hung new drapes in the living room an replaced my old desk with a new one. So, it looks like I am working on the whole place.

14. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I just about have the house decorated the way I like it, however that doesn't mean I don't add more things to each room. I have found some really cool items in Goodwill that go with the theme currently in my kitchen and dining area as well as the rest of the house.

I continually keep things in order (sometimes it is a task, LOL), example by rearranging and reorganizing the storage bins in the basement. I try to take on one project a week (like shredding unneeded papers) or going through towels or clothing or craft supplies. They are either donated or thrown out. Same thing with the garage and shed, check to see what is to be kept, donated or thrown out. This way when I do buy something new, I don't have unnecessary clutter.

I just did a lot of cosmetic and preventative work in the house, there is still a little bit more to do outside but that will be very expensive and I can't swing it right now.

I also like to repurpose items. I bought little plastic cases that were for school supplies (got them on clearance) and I use them for everything in the kitchen, bathroom, crafts, even in my truck. You'd be surprised what you can store in these small items and it keeps things nice and neat.

Roe

16. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are trying to get rid of all the stuff we don't use in every room, in every cabinet/cupboard etc. We aren't even worrying about a yard sale this summer, we're just going to throw it all out to get rid of it.

18. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hobbies View Post
    We are trying to get rid of all the stuff we don't use in every room, in every cabinet/cupboard etc. We aren't even worrying about a yard sale this summer, we're just going to throw it all out to get rid of it.
    Could always donate it to a church or a Good will or Salvation army! sounds like a lot of work.

20. Likes Barbara G., Rogue Hobbies liked this post