Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Smile hello from texas.

I have been crocheting for 15 years now ,and i have gotten into a slump . I don't seem to want to crochet , just look at patterns . Can't seem to do it again . maybe I have burnt out, don't know. I hope crochettalk will inspire me to start doing some more crochet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello from Europe. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    I've found that when I'm in a slump, pick something easy that you can finish quickly. If it's something for charity, that's even better. I've found it very rewarding. The project that I did work for closed recently, but you just made rectangles (6X9), so it was something I could do in the car, in waiting rooms, etc. People always asked what I was doing, so it was a great opportunity to spread the word about the charity. Because it was a small project, I was able to use up lots of partial skeins I already had on hand.

ruditudi

Post Thanks / Like
    I love big projects
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! This is a wonderful place with great people! Thanks for joining us and please let us know if you need anything!

You might want to start with a really small project to get started again. Something that you can complete quickly and I am sure you can get motivated again about crochet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried making swiffer sweeper covers? They are easy and quick! They work so much better than the store bought replacements. I made a bunch of them when I picked my hook back up! They motivated me to do something bigger. I also made some coffee cup holders that replace the cardboard things that come on them. They are so cute and you just sew a little button on them to hook. Great gifts! Hope this may interest you

Post Thanks / Like
    Laynell, Like RudiTudi, here in this great state, you can find a lot of groups that get together and do some crocheting. There is a group in one of the churches that makes prayer shawls. I was in a senior Center and those ladies did everything. I had opened my mouth and braging about what we could do and was asked to make hats for the vets in a nursing home. I asked now many did they need. The answer they finaly ended up with was 600. and that was in less than a month. I told the ladies at the center . Some knitted some made them on the looms ,some crocheted. We got 569 in 2 weeks. That makes you prowd that you can do the crocheting and a lot of it in a space of very little time. Where do you live here in Texas? Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. Just take some time off and then you will feel like going back to it again