Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: computer

Post Thanks / Like

computer

Hello,
    When I put my computer on in the morning it stays on all day until I turn it off at night -that's if I remember to turn it off. If I happen to want to do something else other than be on the computer then I put the computer on 'stand by'. I used to try to only have the computer on for 2 hours. How about you? How long do you have your computer on during the day?
    Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    I have it on waaayyyyy too much!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have it on but a couple hours or less. But before my husband became so ill I would leave it on all day.. Way to much maybe 6 or 7 hours a day, I use to do a lot of graphics..

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie how are you today?? It is misty and cool here in Lynchburg this morning! Did I say damp? Oh so damp!! But it is not going to be 90 so that's a plus! I don't have a computer at the moment and I sure miss it!! I use my IPad for everything but not complaining I can still talk with you all and go to different sites biggest drawback for me is not being hooked up to a printer!! I usually screen shot what I want to keep! When I did have my computer I was like you it was on all day in sleep mode so it was ready for me when I was ready for it!! I purchased a power box that would stay on for quite a while if the electric went off so I had plenty of time to finish what I was doing and shut it down properly! And I didn't loose info I had been working on that was best part, well no I guess best part would be power surge did not blow up my computer lol! A computer is a terrible thing to waste! Get it? Have a great day hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie,
    Ya, I get it. Time can seem to fly by when on the computer. I used to go on the computer every couple of days but then I had a lot of emails and it was more of a job to go through them. Now, I'm on the computer every day and I still get a lot of emails. I can't seem to keep up w/it. I also tried to limit myself to 2 hrs. on the computer at one time but didn't stay w/that.
    Jean Marie

6. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It is only on when I am using it, when I finish what I am doing, it gets turned off. Doesn't matter if it is my desktop or laptop.

Roe

8. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Meerkat & Prayers to you and Tom. I leave mine on when inside and Garden time shut it down. I know im on way to much. Too many groups But miss the friends. *7 & Humid upper 50 so little humid for me. Take Care & keep on CT HUGS

Post Thanks / Like
    jean marie I know what you mean. What are you crocheting lately? Your allways up to some cute ideas. I allways like quick things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whats been happening Roe beside shawl etc. How the weather? Need some new Xmas ideas as July & August I start on Donations for Xmas. Started Loom and its Fun and fairly easy as no one to ask advice except loom Groups and there Great. Have a great week-end. HUGS

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I am not sure how to put it but my computer and my hubby's are on 24/7 or you could say it is NEVER turned off. Mine is in a computer room and his is in the living room. What can I say. You see we also have Skype and our friends in AR contact us now and then. I am 68 and still learning this dumb thing. Ha ha ha who is the dumb thing (ME) teeee heeee
    charlye

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hello,
    When I put my computer on in the morning it stays on all day until I turn it off at night -that's if I remember to turn it off. If I happen to want to do something else other than be on the computer then I put the computer on 'stand by'. I used to try to only have the computer on for 2 hours. How about you? How long do you have your computer on during the day?
    Jean