Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Yarn

Post Thanks / Like

Yarn

Hi All,

I would like to try and make a halter dress, something very simple. What type of yarn do you think I should use? I was told cotton will be too stiff, Acrylic will be too stretchy.....can someone helpe me please.

Peace & Blessings

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not created crocheted halter dresses, but I would think the cotton would be more comfortable to wear. In looking at some online sites, it seems most use a cotton worsted yarn in their patterns. Others will be along and may have some other suggestions as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Barbara! I will see if anyone else respond.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just did a quick google search for crocheted halter dress pattern free and this is what came up. Some are saying cotton worsted, some are saying worsted. Some are for halter tops, maybe something can give you a better idea. Hope this helps.

[url]https://www.google.com/#q=crochet+halter+dress+pattern+free[/url]

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    I've been making a crocheted pullover top with Valley Yarn Goshen which I got on line from WEBS. It's a blend of cotton, Modal and silk. It is absolutely wonderful to work with and is very soft thanks to the fiber blend. It is a worsted weight, but on the thin side, so you might want to experiment with swatches in a few different hook sizes to get the gauge and stitch density you want.
    Valley Yarns Goshen Yarn at WEBS | Yarn.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    I'm making a pullover summer top with Valley Yarn Goshen which I purchased on-line from WEBS. its a blend of cotton, silk and Modal. It is very soft and wonderful to work with thanks to the fiber mix. It is a worsted weight, but on the thiner end, so I recommend making a few swatches in varied hook sizes to get the gauge and stitch density you desire.
    Valley Yarns Goshen Yarn at WEBS | Yarn.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Roe,

This has helped me a great deal! I appreciate your help. I will try and make one for myself and wash it a few times to see how it holds up in the machine.
    I have so many questions, I don't want to push my luck by asking them all at once......LOL!

Peace & Blessings