Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Hi from Kansas City, KS.

Wow, I am ecstatic about this website. My grandmother was an avid crocheter. In my younger years I would go visit her and she would be making something beautiful. I envied that. My mother crocheted some too. I wanted to learn but I was a very hyper child and couldn't concentrate to learn. But it always stayed in the back of my mind. When my husband joined the marines my life was very lonely. We were stationed at Camp Pendleton but lived in off base housing. There was a community building across from my building and I went there to attend some crochet classes. That's where my love for it began. Now that I was older and more mature...grown up...settled down I really wanted to learn. Plus I had my first daughter as well. I made my first afghan from a kit in the class. After that I continued to make more blankets. Over the years I gave birth to two more daughters. Then my love turned to making thread doilies and I did that for years. But then I ventured into making baby clothes/dresses, christening gowns, bonnets because then my daughters were getting married and having their own babies. So, so far I have three granddaughters ages 5, 4 and 16 months and one baby due in June ( not sure what gender yet) and I have been enjoying crocheting doll clothes for them. Crocheted a cupcake bag, a dress bag and a bassinet recently and for last Christmas crocheted several hat/scarf sets and a big beautiful rose-motif afghan.
    I have been married to my second husband for 17 years and we live with our Great Dane Elvis who is 6. All my girls live in Nebraska as of right now. Always subject to change. Their ages are 27, 24, and 18.
    I am seriously thrilled with this website. Have been looking for work that I could do in my home but haven't found anything that would work for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the group! It is a pleasure to have you as a member! It sounds like you have been very busy! You are more than welcome to share more about your crocheting adventures as well as post pictures of what you have done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Hello and welcome to the group! It is a pleasure to have you as a member! It sounds like you have been very busy! You are more than welcome to share more about your crocheting adventures as well as post pictures of what you have done!
    Thank you Barbara. I really appreciate you welcoming me. Yes, I keep very busy with crocheting. I have a pen pal who lives in San Antonio, TX. who I have known since before my first daughter was born and she has designed a lot of patterns and does a lot of crocheting for charities. She has asked me on several occasions if I would like to do that as well. I have been gathering patterns to make preemie clothes. I figured hey if I can make baby dresses/christening gowns, bonnets, booties for my granddaughters and their dolls I can make them for sweet babies that need them.
    So if anybody knows where I can get patterns for preemies I would really appreciate it. Thank you again for your very warm welcome.
    Angel

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome ! Glad to have you aboard! I crochet a lot of dolls and clothes! Ialso crochet toys and games to sell at Craft Fairs! Aren't Grandchildren wonderful? I have 5-I babysit for 2 of them! I love to make things for them too! Hope you enjoy this group as much as I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryjane View Post
    Welcome ! Glad to have you aboard! I crochet a lot of dolls and clothes! Ialso crochet toys and games to sell at Craft Fairs! Aren't Grandchildren wonderful? I have 5-I babysit for 2 of them! I love to make things for them too! Hope you enjoy this group as much as I do!
    Yes, grandchildren are wonderful. Don't get to see them very often since they all live so far away so every moment we have with them is very precious! Although that goes for our kids too.
    You know...I absolutely love and enjoy crocheting, making things, creating, designing...I know it's a gift from God...but really through it all I just feel privileged to be able to produce something so beautiful with my own two hands and I am very thankful. I think I am still the one that is the most amazed when I do complete a project.
    Angel
    Last edited by soulangela2j; 03-05-2012 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Wanted to say Hi Maryjane

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by soulangela2j View Post
    So if anybody knows where I can get patterns for preemies I would really appreciate it. Thank you again for your very warm welcome.
    Angel
    Here are a few which are posted on our site:

http://crochettalk.com/links-resourc...-projects.html

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx a bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Here are a few which are posted on our site:

http://crochettalk.com/links-resourc...-projects.html
    Thank you so much Barbara this will help so much! It is very much appreciated!