Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Spam in forum

Post Thanks / Like

Spam in forum

Hello!
    I see 20 pages of spam. I am sorry if I do not answer you because of I do not see real member messages == Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Larisa,

Hope all is well in your little corner of the world. I haven't noticed any spam or anything unusual. Just seemed like the board has been a bit quiet lately.

Maybe Barbara can give a little insight into it.

Take care,
    Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! How are you? I am well here but not so happy. I looked at new messages and found 20 pages of spam. It can be with any site... have a good day == Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm doing pretty good. I may be looking in the wrong place (tend to do that sometimes, LOL) but I will keep an eye out for it. You have a wonderful day too.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I am working on one doily... wrong color
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it in the regular part of the forum or in your Private messages where the Notification is? In the Notification area one day I got 48 notices. I also get everyones notifications of like. Even if I never posted in that thread. It really clogs of my email.

Post Thanks / Like
    It s OK. I was just nervous today. I think admins do all well and Forum works fine as usually
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

8. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, my apologies on all the spam in the last couple of hours. Of all days, my kids had performances today. Now, I am not very happy about the situation, but it looks like all the posts have been removed from the forums. I have an email into the admin on the situation to let him know about it.

Please bear with us - as the forum has become more popular, more people want to try to use the forum to their advantage to add spam!! Needless to say, I am NOT happy about it. It is sad there are individuals who try to take away the joys this forum holds.

The site is SAFE to use, it is just a few people have signed up and added all the posts to try and get people to go to their blogs and websites. It will not be tolerated!!

This is a great place to be and will CONTINUE to be a great place to be!!

10. Thanks justplainjudy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    Is it in the regular part of the forum or in your Private messages where the Notification is? In the Notification area one day I got 48 notices. I also get everyones notifications of like. Even if I never posted in that thread. It really clogs of my email.
    Can you give me more info on this so I can make sure things are on the up and up?

In your profile page, there is settings you can turn off. Go to settings above - then general settings (left side). Then in the middle, there is a place to choose "Default Thread Subscription Mode." Click "Do Not Subscribe" and the save changes at the bottom of page. That should stop the emails from thread replies.
    Last edited by Barbara G.; 05-25-2014 at 05:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    MeerKat Thats aweful --- sorry this has happened. Barbara G might be able to help. Good Luck