Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Seeking help w/Amiguramis

Hi, this is my first posting on this site...
    I am hooked on making amigurami animals and am wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom...resources...helpful hints on how to attach the parts to the bodies... I've been winging it so far, but there must be an easier way...

Thanks ahead of time for help...

2. Likes Grandma Darlene liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Suzy- this is my first post so I hope I know what I'm doing. I just became interested in amigurumi also and what I did was Google "free amigurumi patterns" and I got a lot of information. I am especially interested in creating my own doll pattern. We will have to keep in touch so we can follow each other's progress. Good luck and I hope you are having as much fun as I am. Dottie B.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello ladies,

Welcome to the group! It is nice to meet both of you! I personally have not done these types of projects. When I made my cell phone pouch, I "sewed" the sides together with yarn and a plastic needle. This would be my first thought for you. As others check in, they will also offer their opinions. Look forward to hearing more from both of you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome ladies!
    I have made several amigurumi dolls! I haven't found a good way to sew them together-especially sewing on the head. Awhile ago there was a discusion on making dolls. That may help. Perhaps Barbi knows when it was?

I just look around on the forum and didn't find the discussion on dolls. Perhaps it was on the Knitting Paradise forum? This is a forum similar to this one, you can browes like you do this one (I am not promoting the other forum-I hope you all don't see me as a traitor]
    Last edited by Maryjane; 02-28-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw some directions somewhere on the internet that said they put a wooden spool, the size of the doll's neck. This is to stabilize the head somewhat. I haven't tried it, yet, and I know it has nothing to do with sewing the pieces together but I thought it was interesting.