Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Summer Hat

Post Thanks / Like

Summer Hat

Hello all Happy Saturday and Memorial Day weekend! Would any one have an easy pattern for a hat suitable for gardening? Not floppy cause I think that would bother me it will mostly be for shade! What would be the best yarn for not being too hot? Is there "straw" yarn? Sorry about so many ?? But I have no clue about making a sun hat and have looked on different sites already! I would love a quick and easy one! I know I'm asking for a lot!! Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. Hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Winnie: I'm trying to catch up with this newsletter (been ill last 2 days). Recently (5/19) bonnie143 posted some cute hats that I hope to make soon. See if that's what you're looking for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a resource with 15 different hats you might take a look at. Also, you can search in the forums using the search box and enter "hat" or "hats" - be prepared for it to bring you a lot of results though. Let us know more specifics if needed to steer you in the right direction.

15 Crochet Hat Patterns for Summer | AllFreeCrochet.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I found that there are several really nice brimmed hats on Etsy. You may also want to use millinery wire for the brim. I purchased a hat pattern and some of the materials from https://img0.etsystatic.com/020/0/73...15302_fewt.jpg. You can use raffia to create a straw style hat.

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie,

I'd love to see a photo of your sun hat when you get it finished!!
    ~~Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!