Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3

Post Thanks / Like

I'm new to all this ...

Hello fellow crochet friends,
    I'd like to introduce myself. I am retired from the Univ. of So. Carolina and will be 67 years old tomorrow. My husband and I have three grown children and five grand babies. Since none of our kids live nearby, I don't always get many chances to see our grand babies, and that makes me sad. So I fill all those empty hours with crochet, gardening, learning new international cooking, reading, making stained glass and, most recently, collecting, preserving and mounting botanical specimens according to scientific methods. I rarely travel without some hooks, a giant bag of yarn, and a very large plant press. I am basically a self-taught crocheted and have been crocheting for about 8 Years. There is so much more I want to learn, and I'm hoping that joining this group of stitchers will help me do just that. I also want to encourage novices to keep at it ... crocheting is a terrific stress buster and so much fun! I hope you all have a blessed day! - Linda

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Linda! It s nice to meet you. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

4. Thanks Lindahoneybee thanked for this post
    Likes Lindahoneybee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Linda, welcome to CrochetTalk. It's always nice to meet new people. You have a lot of interesting hobbies. I crochet mainly afghans and am currently trying to learn to crochet new things. I used to crochet in my 20's but life, babies and work took over and now grandchildren. I picked it up again about 6 years ago and haven't stopped. I love crocheting things for my family. I am saving all my leftover yarn to make myself an afghan for my bed. It will be sort of like a memory quilt that people make. I also like to read, garden, play with my grandchildren, doing various crafts at Christmas time for family and playing the piano. I look forward to talking to you again soon. Hope you have a blessed day! Lynda Fey

6. Thanks Lindahoneybee thanked for this post
    Likes Lindahoneybee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for welcoming me, Larisa!

Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Hello Linda! It s nice to meet you. I am Larisa doily maker
    Hi Larisa,
    Thank you for welcoming me. I really have no idea if I'm replying correctly, so please let me know if you get my message. I imagine the website gets easier to navigate with time. So you are a doily maker ... How awesome. I envy you your patience and great eyesight. My crochet has been limited to scarves, hats, baby booties and cacoons, simple shawls and afghans/throws. I am intimidated by written patterns, and simply terrified of diagrams. Hopefully, I'll conquer these fears. Your name is really pretty ... I've never heard it before. It's pretty late, but I want to see your profile tomorrow. Looks like a very busy day, but I like to know a little bit about people. All best wishes, Lindahoneybee (I am a beekeeper).

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lynda,
    Thanks so much for your lovely welcome. I hope that I am replying correctly because I'm flying blind with this website! It sure seems to me that we have very similar lives, only I play the violin. Also, my grand babies live pretty far away, so playing with them is a rare and magical treat. I've made afghans and blankets for the family, and of course, a gizillion hats and scarves and baby booties. Recently, I've started crocheting pillows and hope to give them as Christmas presents to friends. My biggest problem is that I tend to be intimidated by patterns, and diagrams really scare me to death. I know that I'll conquer these fears one day, but in the interim, I can just crochet with my morning coffee and after I've cleaned the dishes and kitchen after dinner. I recently figured out cables and shells, so I made two lapghans and a shawl. Surprisingly, FPDC and BPDC didn't give me an anxiety attack. I imagine you are really good at our craft. It is very late, so I shall close for now. Again, I appreciate your response and look forward to "talking" with you again. Cordially, Lindahoneybee (I forgot to mention that I'm a beekeeper) .

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! It is a pleasure to meet you and have you here as a member of Crochet Talk! Please make yourself at home here among crochet friends! If you would like, you can post specific pattern requests here: http://crochettalk.com/pattern-requests/. There is also a search box in the upper right hand corner to help you located many crochet resources.

Hope you also have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Linda, yes you are replying correctly. Your a beekeeper! Wow! How interesting!! It was nice to hear from you again. I love violin music it's so pretty. Have you been playing for a long time? I'm sorry your grandbabies live so far away. I know that must be hard on you. I wish your grandchildren lived close to you. A few years ago my daughter and her husband and the 2 children moved to Illinois and I missed them so much but thankfully my daughter got home sick after a few months and they moved back! It sounds like you have been a very busy bee (pun intended) making all those lovely things. I would love to see some pictures of your work sometime. I'm the same as you, patterns and diagrams scare me to death and the fpdc and bpdc is a nice stitch. I'm not as good as I would like to be at crocheting but am trying to branch out and learn new things and that does scare me. I crochet after supper while watching TV. I live in Northeast Georgia, so we are pretty close neighbors. Hope to hear from you again sometime. Your CrochetTalk friend, Lynda Fey

Post Thanks / Like
    hello Linda! I have read your nice message. I do not live in your part of the world and I am not English-speaking. This name is ordinary here. petience is the only thing I have. It s Friday and I do not work tomorrow!!! Wonderful. Do you eat honey too? I have 5 birds == Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. Nice to have you with us. I am a avid crocheter of many years and I also find it very good for relieving stress

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to Crochet Talk. It is great to meet you. We are excited that you are joining us.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25