Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Just Curious

Post Thanks / Like

Just Curious

Just out of curiosity, I have a Knook (the tool for knitting with a crochet hook) and was wondering if any knitting pattern would work with it. I really haven't played with it much since I bought it. I can sort of do the knit stitch on needles, but I am very new to knitting (self teaching) and it is still pretty awkward trying to get used to not having a hook to grab the yarn to complete the stitch. I would love to be able to make some of the simple patterns I have seen. Just as it was when I started to crochet, I am taking baby steps and not expecting perfection, just gradual improvement.

2. Likes AudreyL, Mimi0305, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Beansmom,
    It took me a while to get the hang of knitting too. It takes a little bit to pull the yarn through with your knitting needle but you'll catch on.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in the same boat. Bought the Knook but having a steep learning curve!! Best wishes to you and please pass along any pointers or tips. I have a feeling though that it is just one of those things that needs practice, practice, practice. Happy Hooking!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    I had bought the knook sometime back and didn't care for it because the stitches are on the thread or cord just like the circular knitting needle is and don't like the circular knitting needle. It came 3 in a pak so I gave 2 away and I have 1. But I do like knitting with the straight knitting needles sometimes.
    Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thinking the same thing. I am going to need practice, practice and more practice with knitting. I guess over the years, I have forgotten how painfully slow I was when I was learning to crochet. Ah well, if anything, I can keep some needles in my bag for self defense...lol Kidding of course!