Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Knitting doll

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Knitting doll

I bought my granddaughter a knitting doll. she always asks if she can crochet too. Thot this would be a good start.BUT neither her mother or I can follow the directions. I asked a couple of other people & they have same trouble. Can anyone give me some more directions.? I had one of these when I was a kid but don't remember any of the directions. Hope you know what I'm talking about.Its like a long thread spool with the hole in the middle & has 4 wire loops in the top you wind yarn around & somehow with a little wooden knitting needle move the yarn from loop to loop & eventually you end up with a narrow tube you can sew together & make a pot holder or coaster.Hope someone can help.

Post Thanks / Like

Directions

Hi! I just googled Knitting Doll Directions. There are videos,etc. Hope this helps! imalefty

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Knitting doll

Thank you ladies. I found it on google. Usually I will go there first but this time it didn't even enter my head to look there. I found a video that very clearly showed how to work it. But the doll I bought is supposed to be for 6yrs & up. The prongs are very slippery & hard to keep the yarn on so will most likely wait a while before I show my grand daughter. I think it would frustrate her if she couldn't keep the yarn in place. It even showed how to make your own doll. I think mine was a wooden spool with nails for the prongs which kept the yarn from slipping off.Thank you. Knew I could count on you ladies. Now back to planting flowers. Almost thru. I have the sore muscles to prove it but it will be so pretty in a few weeks. Well worth it. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes used to do that for hours when little. Called "corking"