Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

A Question About C2C

I'm attempting to make my very first C2C afghan. The problem is...I don't know when I should start decreasing the stitches so I will not end up with a gigantic triangle. I've watched YouTube videos, but they don't help me at all. I don't know how big the triangle is supposed to be to start decreasing. Is it a certain number of rows...a certain width? I'm really new at this, and I don't want to start decreasing only to find out my afghan is only two feet square. I'm trying for a lap size. So can somebody...anybody help me? Please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, please don't think I'm being flip ok, how big do you want your blanket to be? If you are half way there then start decreasing. That's what I like about making things I can make them my own. I hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by billiebob View Post
    Hi, please don't think I'm being flip ok, how big do you want your blanket to be? If you are half way there then start decreasing. That's what I like about making things I can make them my own. I hope this helps.
    I'm not sure how big a lap size is supposed to be, so I don't know how big to make it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The lap robes I have been doing are about 36 by 40 inches but that is rectangular. You could do one about 36 by 36 or even up to 40 by 40. I am doing a diagonal one that comes out about 36 inches square and while the original called for sport yarn, I am using worsted and just decreased it by 10 rows so I started decreasing after the 45th row. If I am correct (and someone please let me know if I am wrong), whenever you start to decrease, will turn it into a square.

Roe

5. Thanks Lili thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    The lap robes I have been doing are about 36 by 40 inches but that is rectangular. You could do one about 36 by 36 or even up to 40 by 40. I am doing a diagonal one that comes out about 36 inches square and while the original called for sport yarn, I am using worsted and just decreased it by 10 rows so I started decreasing after the 45th row. If I am correct (and someone please let me know if I am wrong), whenever you start to decrease, will turn it into a square.

Roe
    Thank you for replying. Little by little I'm learning the c2c. It's still confusing as to how to go about decreasing once I reach my desired width.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am making a C2C and I measured it by an existing throw I have. It was about "50 inches at the short end. I started the decrease there and now I'm working toward the long end. This is my first C2C as well so this is all new to me too. I'm just kind of working along until I think it looks "right" whatever that is. LOL
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbySue View Post
    I am making a C2C and I measured it by an existing throw I have. It was about "50 inches at the short end. I started the decrease there and now I'm working toward the long end. This is my first C2C as well so this is all new to me too. I'm just kind of working along until I think it looks "right" whatever that is. LOL
    Me too. I think once I start decreasing I'll be able to figure it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    The pattern I am using consists of shells so it makes you slip stitch in the first ch 2 space when you start to decrease and then continue till it is a square. Depending on the stitch used, it may be a different instruction.

The first time I was doing it, I really didn't think it would turn out to be the square but it did.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    The pattern I am using consists of shells so it makes you slip stitch in the first ch 2 space when you start to decrease and then continue till it is a square. Depending on the stitch used, it may be a different instruction.

The first time I was doing it, I really didn't think it would turn out to be the square but it did.

Roe
    I'm not at the point where I have to start decreasing yet, but I'm nervous just thinking about it. I'm afraid I'll mess it up.

Eileen

Post Thanks / Like
    Eileen: All directions from these gals are right on. To make 36 x 36 I crochet to 54 rows but like Roe said, adjust to yarn weight etc. When you start decreasing just turn and slip stitch in the chain 2 space, then sc in next space, c 2, then two doubles and continue. In April 2013 I posted pattern for diagonal baby blanket! I can send you pattern if you would like! Shirley