Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

looking for a memory

mama was an avid crocheter and tried hard to teach me, but it didn't take. now i am a senior citizen and have finally picked up on how to crochet. mama is gone now and unfortunatly so are all her patterns. when i was about five yrs old she had made us matching hats. they were heavily startched crochet circles, flat with a hole in middle for our head kinda like a doilie. imagine a round. flat, doilie starched stiff as a board, with a hole in center to place on your head so that is like a wide brimmed sun hat without the "bowl" on top....just the brim, that is stiff and lacy. there was a ribbon threaded around the head opening that tied in a bow in back i would like to find this pattern to make for my granddaughter butdont even know how to call it to find it. does anyone have any idea of what im trying to find? or where to find it?
    Last edited by moonchild72248; 05-08-2014 at 03:48 PM. Reason: more detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I am not exactly sure what the hat looks like, but here are some options to look at:

http://www.antiquecrochetpatterns.co...-patterns.html

3. Thanks imalefty thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for your fast reply. unfortunately none of those were what I'm seeking. imagine a round. flat, doilie starched stiff as a board, with a hole in center to place on your head so that is like a wide brimmed sun hat without the "bowl" on top....just the brim, that is stiff and lacy. there was a ribbon threaded around the head opening that tied in a bow in back

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Moonchild,
    You can google a crocheted beret or a beanie. Maybe that's what you're looking for.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you can use the outer part of a doily, start with chain to fit head then do the lacy part of border for your brim hat, that's my idea, I saw something like what you are looking for on some antique crochet site but can't remember which one (must be the old timer thing kicking in..lol) anyhow I like you idea on this hat.

Post Thanks / Like
    I seen a picture of my grandma wearing a brim hat once I wish I had the picture but I am sure that one of my uncles or aunts have it but I did find this that looked a lot like it
    http://www.todaystreasure.net/produc...-scarf-pattern hope this is close
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! I remember the hat you are talking about. Try going to purple kitty.com . Sorry I don't know how to post the link. This site has vintage patterns. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Smile vintage hat

I think I might have the pattern you are looking for but I am not sure it would be at least similar if you give me your email I will scan the pattern and send it to you! if it is not the right pattern it should be close enough to modify it to what you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you. my e-mail is moonchild72248@hotmail.com