Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Red face This is a great way to communicate with those that have so much in common

Hi everyone, this is so exciting for an "old lady". Please be patient with me and hopefully I can contribute something useful one of these days. I have only crocheted for 10 months so there is so much to learn. I worked all of my life and so now I have time for this wonderfully exciting craft.

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet forums! It is nice to meet you and please make yourself at home here among friends! Thanks for joining us!

Post Thanks / Like
    You've made me feel very welcome by answering my post. Thank you so very much. My Mom always wanted me to learn to crochet but I felt it was a craft for "old ladies". How ironic is that? I wish I would have had enough sense back them to listen to her; however, she taught me so many things that crocheting was something I never thought I would enjoy. Now I am such a happy hooker! So far I have been in one craft show and have found it so rewarding by not only making wonderful friends but mostly, sharing beautiful works of art with yarn. I am absolutely in love with this pastime. Are there any "hookers" in Schaumburg, IL who would like to form a club? There are many who crochet here in town who do it for charity which is wonderful but I want to learn so many new stitches other than the basics. There are so many clothing items that are absolutely gorgeous which I am afraid to tackle especially when I have to do the "frog stitch" called rip it.
    I hope to hear from a few other hookers.
    Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet baby blankets and other afghans for Project Linus. Welcome to CT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Larisa:
    Your doily is absolutely beautiful. I am crocheting baby blankets, baby sweaters and baby clothing. I am so happy to be crocheting. I love it!

What part of Eastern Europe are you from? I am a 5th generation American and my ancestors came from Eastern Europe: Bohemia when it was a country.

Thanks for writing,
    Barbara

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Barbara and thank you! I like to make filet pieces these days. Bohemia is wonderful... bohemain glass? and rapsody. Unfortunately I live in urkain ... It s bad place. Have a good day == Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from. Glad you joined Crochet Talk. You will learn a lot of new ideas here and some one is always here to help you

Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa, come to the U.S.A. You don't belong in the Ukraine. It is a bad place to be. I love my country so much that when I see the American flag in parades, I cry like a baby. I come from many generations of military and my Mom used to knit and crochet lapghans for the military during the WWII. That was a terrible war and I was just a small child then but I would help her wind up the yarn and all of the women would work either on lapghans for veterans hospitals or sweaters for the men in the war and wool hats to wear under their helmets. By the way, you have a beautiful name.
    Barbara

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lili:
    Very interesting to know that you are a "blanketeer" for Project Linus. We don't have a chapter where I live. The one closet to me is 30 miles away. I don't have time to become a coordinator but would be happy to be a member of the group if we had one. How many blankets have you made and what size do they need?
    Thanks for writing,
    Barb