Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Craft Fairs

Post Thanks / Like

Craft Fairs

I have decided to give up on trying to sell on Etsy. Instead, I am going to get all of my completed items together and take them to a craft fair and set up my own table to try to sell my projects. If that doesn't go well, we have a big, year-round "flea market" type place here that I will try afterwards. Wish me luck!

In the meantime, does anyone know of any "good" online stores that I can set up a shop without using a credit card or paypal to sign up with, and that I can accept money orders or the like for my items, besides Etsy?

2. Likes Deb H. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try http://www.madeitmyself.com/
    I don't know what the policies are anymore. I used to have my stuff online there and did better there than etsy.
    See what Joyce Writes on Yahoo

4. Thanks Rogue Hobbies thanked for this post
    Likes Rogue Hobbies liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wishing you good luck in your craft fair venture and whatever else you decide to try. The only time I ever sold anything was when I worked and would make gifts for others and everyone would see them and then wanted them so I did the small items and picked up some extra money. But that was years ago.

Please keep us posted.

Roe

6. Thanks Rogue Hobbies thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about selling your items on Craig's List? People usually expect to pay with cash only. I think it's still free to list your items.

Shelley

8. Thanks Rogue Hobbies thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ooh-lalah View Post
    Try http://www.madeitmyself.com/
    I don't know what the policies are anymore. I used to have my stuff online there and did better there than etsy.
    Thanks! It looks pretty cool and I don't have to use anything to sign up such as paypal, and I can accept money orders =D The only thing I'm trying to figure out is if there is a view count, I haven't seen it yet and it would be beneficial to have one. I am trying it out until June or July when we go to a craft fair or two.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    What about selling your items on Craig's List? People usually expect to pay with cash only. I think it's still free to list your items.

Shelley
    It is free to list the items, still. However, I have had items up on craig's list for a long, long, long time with no success.