Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Introduction

Post Thanks / Like

Introduction

I'm Sisty and am new to the group. In fact, I'm a little new to crocheting. I did a bit of crocheting about 40 yrs ago, but got busy with other things and put it aside. I'm now retired, so I decided to pick it up again. Pinterest has inspired me as well as a very good friend.
    My first project is a toddler blanket for my granddaughter who is four. It's called the Leaping Stripes and Blocks Blanket. I'm almost done and am working on the border. I know I have more stitches now than I had when I started out but by looking at it, you can't tell. The border may give me away, so wish me luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet forums! It is nice to meet you and please make yourself at home here among friends! Thanks for joining us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Sisty! I'm pretty new here too and my crocheting history is much like yours. Good luck on the blanket border...I'm sure it will turn out just fine!

Linda

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sisty. Welcome from Pa. I am a avid crocheter over 30 years and enjoying it very much

6. Thanks Sisty thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to Crochet Talk. We are excited that you are joining us.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your welcome into Crochet Talk. I look forward to enjoying all of your and the rest of the groups ideas on crocheting. I hope as I get better at crotcheting, I can contribute a few ideas myself.

9. Likes Lynda Fey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure if you crochet doilies, you are a very advanced in crocheting. That is such an intricate and beautiful skill. Thank you so much for your welcome!

11. Likes Lynda Fey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the welcome, Barbara. I'm looking forward to this new experience. I hope I learn a lot from the group's discussions and as I learn, I may have an idea or two!

13. Likes Lynda Fey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Sisty! My crochet history is much like yours. I have crocheted blankets for all my grandchildren and am now working on afghans for all the girls in my family. I made my daughter an afghan Christmas 2012 and am now working on a table runner made out of granny squares for my daughter and an afghan made out of granny squares for my aunt. I made my step daughter an afghan using the Catherines Wheel/Bavarian stitch. That stitch is so time consuming but the afghan turned out beautiful and she really liked it.

Good luck on all your projects! I look forward to seeing your work.