Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: need some input

Post Thanks / Like

need some input

What am I doing wrong when joining my colors?

Is there a way to clean up where the colors are touching?

The square isn't done yet. Have 2-3 more colors to add.

Thank you.

Robyn
    Attached Images Attached Images need some input-img_20140422_174144_353-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you hooking your yarn in the last stitch and the last move you make is with the new color?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Robyn. I don't believe you mean actually when attaching a new color to your work. I think you mean along the rows where you can see one color overlapping the other. Sorry, I don't have a clue how to change that other than knitting something which always has clean and precise rows where two colors meet.

I'll keep track of your post to see if someone does have the solution.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Poinciana.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crestwood,

No I am finishing one color and starting a new as the pattern tells me. I can't always start where I stop with a color. I finally learned on youtube how to start new colors. Myquestion is whetheror not there is a way to clean up where two different colors are "overlapping"

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Robyn
    I was looking at your square and I first want to say I love it and think it's beautiful. You do very nice work. I was watching Mikey of the Crochet Crowd on YouTube about joining a new color. He showed a way that was pretty simple but I've never seen or heard of it except there. He was using double crochet but I think his method would work with single crochet also. When you are ready to add a color, put your hook through the stitch as you normally would but for single crochet, hook the new color over your crochet hook above the color you are finished with, pull both colors through the stitch, then when you yarn over, just pick up the new color and pull through the 2 stitches on the hook and you have your new color to work with. I've done this with double crochet and it is amazing how well it works. I keep about one and a half inch tails of each color, lay the tails over the stitches I'll be working. Just keep working your single crochet keeping the tails flat putting your stitches working the tails in. Ta da, you've added your new color. You can always trim the tails if they are too long for your project but it's easier to hold the tails flat if you have about an inch and a half of yarn to hold flat. I hope I've made sense on how this works. Good luck ..... Hugs, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

7. Likes catbalou, DinahRoberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly,

Thank you. I think I have seen that one.I have learned alot from youtube and mikie. In mypost to crestwold explains etter what I am looking for and maybe there is not a solution. With this pattern I don't always start where I stop.

Robyn

9. Likes misskitty287 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

yarn

Quote Originally Posted by joyyyy View Post
    What am I doing wrong when joining my colors?

Is there a way to clean up where the colors are touching?

The square isn't done yet. Have 2-3 more colors to add.

Thank you.

Robyn
    Are you using the same type of yarn throughout your square?

11. Likes misskitty287 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Robyn, sorry I wasn't able to help ;( ... I don't know whether it makes a difference that you sometimes don't start where you stop, especially when you are changing colors. That's something for me to think about and maybe experiment with while I'm recuperating from shattering my ankle in Feb. I'm still not allowed to drive or leave the house except for church and doctor appointments but I have to have someone with me. I've been doing a lot of crocheting since I'm home from the hospital and physical rehab. I have enough yarn stashed for 3 different afghans I've been planning. Guess I'll have time to get them done without making excuses. Your situation has me intrigued enough that I believe I will experiment with your question because it will help me with color changing while working on my own squares. Thanks for giving me the push to want to start my larger projects
    Hugs, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

13. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Shelley....that is kind of what I do but you added the finishing touch to make it perfect....thank you