Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

My love of yarn crafts.

Hello everyone. My name is Darla and I have a great love of yarn crafts. Mostly I crochet now. I also knit and do plastic canvas needlepoint and loom knitting. I taught myself to knit first and then to crochet. I was born with only one hand, but that has never stopped me. I love yarn sooooo much that my yarn has it's own room. I can go in there and find just about any color and type of yarn that I feel like using whenever I want to. I just finished a 10 point 58 inch baby afghan. It turned out very pretty. Now I am starting a baby blanket with Red Hearts Flowers In A Row pattern. I also have a loom knit baby afghan nearly finished. Since I became disabled with severe back pain in 2002, I spend most of my days creating things with yarn. I have at least 8 large totes of things I have made. I have also given many people hand crocheted and or knit items as gifts. I have many scarves, lots of afghans, several sweaters, ponchos, purses totes, etc. completed. I have sold some of my crafts at craft fairs. One day, I may get my self in gear and post things for sale on the internet. I am happy to find yet another place to learn about what other folks are making and getting ideas. Thank you for this space to talk about what we love to do.

2. Likes blueeyes68, AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to Crochet Talk! It is a pleasure to have you here on the message boards! Please pull up a chair and make your self at home here - this is a wonderful group of people we have on site! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Darla! Sounds like you are pretty busy with all the yarn crafts you do. Welcome to the group. there s always plenty to talk about here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Darla! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Darla: I have been donating baby blankets and larger afghans to Project Linus since August 2012 when I broke my hip. It is a national organization and helps many babies in hospital, Red Cross, Veterans etc. Nursing homes love to have scarves and lapghans for their residents. Sounds like your yarn has a good life at your house!!!! HAHA. Love, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Darla, it is great to meet you. Welcome to our wonderful and friendly group. We are excited that you are joining us. Look around and enjoy.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. I love to do all kinds of crafts. Nice to have you with us

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Darla,

Welcome from Cincinnati, Ohio! I am so inspired by your story! You sound like one very talented lady. Here on Crochet Talk, we love to see photos of each other's projects, so feel free to post some, if you'd like. We're glad you joined us!
    Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Darla, so happy to have you join our group I'm sure you will love it as much as we do. Thank you for telling us a little of your story it is a real inspiration. Wow it sounds like you keep yourself really busy with your yarn crafts! Good for you!! I would like to learn to knit this year but can't imagine enjoying it as much as crochet! There are many extremely talented people on crochet talk and I think you are one of them. Looking forward to getting to know you better. Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the welcomes. I will post some pics soon. So nice to have a place to go with crafters of like minds. Thank you thank you.