Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Post Thanks / Like

Shawl for Hobby Club raffle

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8440[/ATTACH]

My hobby club asked me to make a shawl for their Spring Luncheon raffle. I had the old Dazzelaire (which is not longer being made and the new Dazzelaire was a flop) in Soft Gold so I made this one. I increased the width from 15 inches to about 20 inches. The fringe is simply sc, ch 30, sc in next stitch or sp, ch 30, etc. Gives it a little different look.

Roe
    Attached Images Attached Images Shawl for Hobby Club raffle-shawl-hobby-club-jpg 

2. Likes Ginnie256, dlj326, missro007, pbjones80 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your shawl is beautiful I would buy raffle tickets to win that for sure!! Hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the way the fringe looks. I never would have thought of that and now I need a project of my own to add it to. Beautiful work!

5. Likes pbjones80 liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Roe, Your shawl is very pretty. I love the way you made the fringe. I would have never thought of that. Great idea!
    Thanks for posting. Lucky is the lady who wins it!
    Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all. I turned it in today at hobby club meeting. It is being raffled off at the Spring Luncheon in May and the proceeds go to fund more projects, usually the purchase of yarn since we do everything from preemie items, to baby afghans, adult and older children afghans, lap robes, hats and scarves, pet beds, whatever is needed for the different organizations that request items.

The loopy fringe is something different, going to use that idea again when I do scarves as a change (and it is more even too than trying to keep fringe cut all the same, LOL).

Roe

8. Likes pbjones80 liked this post