Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Teacher

Post Thanks / Like

Teacher

Hello all.
    I joined to get new and updated information on crocheting to share with my students.
    Hope to get new ideas and information on crocheting.

2. Likes blueeyes68, AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Suzee,
    You can make a rosebud. You chain 15. Row 1- sc in 2nd chain from hook across row-14 sc. The pattern is sc with 2, 1, twice, hdc with 2, 1, three times and dc with 2, 1, twice. The sc is the smallest of these three stitches. The next one up is hdc and the next one up is dc. After you've done row 1; you ch.1 and do sc twice in the first stitch and once in the next stitch and repeat (thus you have 2, 1 twice) The next one is your hdc. Do 2 hdc in next stitch and 1 hdc in next stitch and do this three times. (thus 2, 1, three times) or did you figure that out? Maybe you have the next part figured out. Yep, it's 2 dc in next stitch and 1 dc in next stitch twice (thus 2, 1 twice). Then end it off if you are making a small rosebud and then turn it. If you're crocheting right to left, the taller stitches or dc stitches will be on your left side. After you end it off, then turn it (thus the dc stitches will be on the right side.) Then roll it up to resemble a rosebud. (when I rolled it up I started with the smaller side) and sew through on the bottom of the rosebud making sure you go through all layers. The small rosebud is 21 stitches. The large rosebud is 25 stitches. (I liked the smaller rosebud).

But if you want to make a large rosebud, then don't fasten off but ch 1 and do 1 sc in 1st stitch, then 1 dc in next stitch, 2 tr in next stitch, 1 dc in next stitch and 1 sc in next stitch and then repeat across row and end off. (If you want a way to remember that:1+1=2(the sc, dc and tr cr) and then just reverse or go backwards to the beginning the same thing that you did.)
    You can also make leaves.
    To make a leaf- ch 8. sc in 2nd ch from hook, 1 hdc in next stitch, 1 dc in next st, 1 tr in next st, 1 dc in next, 1 hdc in next 1 sc in next. If you don't want to make it any bigger you can fasten it off but the pattern goes on to say ch.4, sl st in 2nd ch from hook and each of the next 3 ch.Working along opposite side of foundation ch work 1 sc, 1 hdc, 1 dc, 1tr, 1 dc, 1 hdc, 1 sc in last ch. ch 2, sl st into 1st ch made to join. You probably can make the leaf smaller or bigger however you want to do it.
    I just looked at my really small leaves and I think I chained 4 and then did 1 sc, 1 hdc and 1 sc and ended it off. No, I didn't sc across on the 1st row; I just did the sc, hdc and sc. With the leaves, the stitches get higher and then goes back down (thus the curve of the leaf).
    Jean Marie
    Enjoy!

4. Thanks blueeyes68 thanked for this post
    Likes blueeyes68, AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet forums! It is a pleasure to have you here on site with us! Please let us know if you have need of anything specific! This is a wonderful group of people who are very helpful in time of need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Suzee,
    You can make a rosebud. You chain 15. Row 1- sc in 2nd chain from hook across row-14 sc. The pattern is sc with 2, 1, twice, hdc with 2, 1, three times and dc with 2, 1, twice. The sc is the smallest of these three stitches. The next one up is hdc and the next one up is dc. After you've done row 1; you ch.1 and do sc twice in the first stitch and once in the next stitch and repeat (thus you have 2, 1 twice) The next one is your hdc. Do 2 hdc in next stitch and 1 hdc in next stitch and do this three times. (thus 2, 1, three times) or did you figure that out? Maybe you have the next part figured out. Yep, it's 2 dc in next stitch and 1 dc in next stitch twice (thus 2, 1 twice). Then end it off if you are making a small rosebud and then turn it. If you're crocheting right to left, the taller stitches or dc stitches will be on your left side. After you end it off, then turn it (thus the dc stitches will be on the right side.) Then roll it up to resemble a rosebud. (when I rolled it up I started with the smaller side) and sew through on the bottom of the rosebud making sure you go through all layers. The small rosebud is 21 stitches. The large rosebud is 25 stitches. (I liked the smaller rosebud).

But if you want to make a large rosebud, then don't fasten off but ch 1 and do 1 sc in 1st stitch, then 1 dc in next stitch, 2 tr in next stitch, 1 dc in next stitch and 1 sc in next stitch and then repeat across row and end off. (If you want a way to remember that:1+1=2(the sc, dc and tr cr) and then just reverse or go backwards to the beginning the same thing that you did.)
    You can also make leaves.
    To make a leaf- ch 8. sc in 2nd ch from hook, 1 hdc in next stitch, 1 dc in next st, 1 tr in next st, 1 dc in next, 1 hdc in next 1 sc in next. If you don't want to make it any bigger you can fasten it off but the pattern goes on to say ch.4, sl st in 2nd ch from hook and each of the next 3 ch.Working along opposite side of foundation ch work 1 sc, 1 hdc, 1 dc, 1tr, 1 dc, 1 hdc, 1 sc in last ch. ch 2, sl st into 1st ch made to join. You probably can make the leaf smaller or bigger however you want to do it.
    I just looked at my really small leaves and I think I chained 4 and then did 1 sc, 1 hdc and 1 sc and ended it off. No, I didn't sc across on the 1st row; I just did the sc, hdc and sc. With the leaves, the stitches get higher and then goes back down (thus the curve of the leaf).
    Jean Marie
    Enjoy!
    Thank you for the information. I will get busy and make a rosebud tonight and see how it goes. Glad to be here for new ideas and questions to be answered.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Suzee! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. Glad you joined

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to our wonderful and friendly group. It is great to meet you. We are excited that you are joining us. Look around and enjoy.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi jean Marie
    Thank you for your pattern for the rosebud. One of my students thought it would make a cute decoration along side of a child's hat. Thanks again. Keep the ideS coming.
    Carol

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Carol,
    Welcome from Cincinnati, Ohio. We're glad you have joined us here on the Forum and hope you find a lot of patterns to share with your students. It is wonderful that they are eager to learn to crochet! Enjoy meeting all of the wonderful, helpful people here. ~~ Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. You will get all the information you will need here.