Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hello, I'm new!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hello, I'm new!

Hello everyone,

My name is Kay and I love to crochet, crewel, stamped cross stitch and embroider, that's why I go by Creative Kay. My great aunt who was like a grandmother to me I never knew taught me how to crochet when I was 16. Over the past few years I have taught myself to crochet. I would consider myself an intermediate crocheter. I will be 50 in April, so I have been painting with thread and yarn for quite some time. I find it very relaxing. I am a homemaker with a hubby and two sweet dogs whom we love like children. My hubby and I call them our "fur-children".

I am very excited to be a member of this group and hope to learn a lot of new techniques that will help me make more than just afghans. I did just finish my first beret for myself and am trying to find a nice easy fingerless glove pattern.
    I have been searching YouTube but have not found anything that really strikes my fancy. If anyone can come across a pattern that is fairly feminine that is not too difficult to make that I can wear for the various seasons, please let me know. I would like to teach myself several different fingerless mittens/gloves for the holidays. Thanks so much.

I am looking forward to meeting all of you. Living in Southern New England, (Connecticut), the weather is constantly changing, especially now. We are in the 40's and 50's in February!

I am really excited to be part of Crochet Talk.

Love,

Creative Kay

2. Likes katy3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Creative Kay,

Hello and welcome to the group! It is a pleasure to have you as a member! I live in Oklahoma and our weather has been changing quite a bit this winter. We had snow the other day and tomorrow it will be 68 degrees for the high! Glad Spring is just around the corner!

Congratulations on the projects you have completed! I would love to see some of your work, if you have a desire to add them to the forums. Let us know if you need any help and we will do our best to help you! This is a great group of crochet members! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Creative Kay,

Welcome to this wonderful forum, My name is Patti & I am also new here & I have found everyone I've come in contact with to be very helpful & knowledgable & ever so nice. I have been crocheting since the young age of 6 when my Mom & Grandma taught me & I have loved crocheting ever since. I am also a stay at home mom that is now retired I guess you could say as both of my wonderful children Victoria & Patrick are grown & out on their own. I can honestly say I don't like the retired status as I miss them both very much but I am now a very proud Grandmama to my two sweet & lovely Grandaughters Jenny & Lilly (both from my daughter Victoria) & am eagerly awaiting to become a Grandmama to hopefully more Grandbabies in the near future from my son Patrick as he just recently got engaged to his girlfriend (whom I love dearly) Jt this past Christmas. I wish I could say that I am as "creative" as you are, but my true passion is crochet. I would love to learn other various crafts as I have tried a few such as molded glass & am currently learning how to knit but I know crocheting will always be the most important. I have taught my daughter to crochet (she is also a "Lefty" so it was easy) & now both my Grandbabies are showing an intrest already so of course I'm excited about passing on the tradition to them as well. I hope they will love it as much as I do as I have collected so many patterns over the years so really hope they will be inspired to continue such a wonderful craft. I like you also find crocheting to be very relaxing, espically right now as my Husband & I are in the process of packing up to move so there's nothing better then to end the day relaxing & crocheting after a hard day of packing. I am currently working on quite a few different projects & focusing mainly on baby items such as blankets, hats, booties, sweaters, layettes etc, who knows maybe for another Grandbaby soon but for now I would like to be able to get enough items made up to donate to the hospital my daughter in law (to be) currently works for. I would also like to be able to donate to the homeless & homeless shelters, habitat for humanity & someone also suggested just the other day pregnancy crisis centers. I have sold some of the baby items I have made in the past, alot of them over on the east coast (my sister lives in Mass & I currently live in Oregon) & would love to do that again as well. Have you looked at the free patterns sites such as allfreecrochet.com or bev's country cottage there are alot of free patterns available online, youtube has some as well but I find youtube more helpful for learning different stitches rather then alot of cute patterns, you might also look on raverly.com there is alot of really nice patterns there that you can purchase. A few other sites you might want to look at are Crochet Spot - Crochet Patterns, Tutorials and News, allfreecrafts.com, Red Heart Yarn | Yarn, Knitting Patterns, Crochet Patterns, crochet.about.com, & crochetme.com. I hope this helps & you can find a pattern that you like at one of these sites for your fingerless gloves & other patterns as well. If you would like other sites please feel free to contact me & I will see what I can do for you. Again welcome to this forum & I hope we will have a chance to become close crochet buddies. I would love to see the projects you have made & I hope you will keep us all up to date on your current & future crochet projects. I find that I really get motivated & inspired seeing another peoples ideas & projects. I hope you have a wonderful day & have lots of crochet time. Your crochet friend Patti