Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

New Member from N. Illinois

Hello -- I just registered and am looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on. I've been crocheting for close to 40 years. Too many finished projects to think about counting. The family is saturated so I'm mostly doing donation projects and have just recently sold a couple of my baby sweaters. I love doing premie/baby hats and blankets and donate many of the items to local hospitals as we travel (RV) around the U.S. Currently in Texas.

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We;cpme to the Forum! I crochet doileis
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to Crochet Talk! It is a pleasure to have you here on the message boards! Please pull up a chair and make your self at home here - this is a wonderful group of people we have on site! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, fellow new member! My husband and I hope to travel in a RV once he retires, in just a few short years. I hope I quickly learn how to navigate this site!
    Auntie Alice

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sandy welcome to crochet talk we are happy you decided to join us. I'm sure you will love this group as much as we do! How awesome to be able to travel around and see our great country. Years ago if I traveled I went by bus it was cheaper then and you really got to see the areas better than if you were driving. I would love to take abroad trip to Texas and then Ca. I have a cousin and her family that live in Texas but don't know name of the town. Have a great day Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Sandy, I am also from Northern IL, Rockford to be exact. I know you will love this place. Everyone is so friendly and helpful,
    so if you need help with something just ask some one will jump in and help. They are good teaching how to post pic and such.
    We are also campers but mostly close to home as hubby still works part-time. Mostly 3 days a week, but some time more.
    We are all waiting to hear more from you. I also make things to donate mostly hats for cancer patients. But make a lot of
    baby afghans I am trying to sell. Glad to hear from you. Charlie aka charlye

Quote Originally Posted by SandyJRB View Post
    Hello -- I just registered and am looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on. I've been crocheting for close to 40 years. Too many finished projects to think about counting. The family is saturated so I'm mostly doing donation projects and have just recently sold a couple of my baby sweaters. I love doing premie/baby hats and blankets and donate many of the items to local hospitals as we travel (RV) around the U.S. Currently in Texas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the warm welcomes. To Charlye -- we live in Rockton -- howdy neighbor!
    We became Winter Texans this year in the Rockport/Fulton area a little north of Corpus Christi.
    We came to visit for a couple of weeks and that was 5 months ago. We pull out tomorrow
    morning and start our trek north. Not in any hurry to be home and we have family and friends
    to visit along the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sandy. Welcome from Pa. I have crocheted for 30 some years it is very relaxing. It is very nice of you to donate the items you make

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sandy,
    Welcome from Cincinnati, Ohio! My husband & I were in Texas about a month ago on a driving vacation, going from Florida to Arizona, to Colorado. We love driving out West. Of course, we drove through Illinois on our way back home. It must be fun travelling all the time in your motor home. We go by car and put at least 6000 miles on it every winter.
    We're happy you joined us here at Crochet Talk and hope you have fun meeting all of the wonderful people here!
    Hugs, jo