Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hi! I'm new

Post Thanks / Like

Hi! I'm new

I have been crocheting for over 20 years, but just basic double crochet afghans. About 3 years ago, while waiting for the birth of our granddaughter, I started reading patterns and started making sweaters, booties, hats, prayer shawls and dresses. Crocheting is my stress relief and I usually am praying for the person I am making things for. I am looking forward to learning new things.

Jillsjoy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Jillsjoy! I agree about crocheting and/or knitting to relieve stress. I'm just beginning to expand things I make too. I've mostly made afghans and scarves and would like to venture out to a simple sweater or baby gifts. Hope you'll share pics of some of the things you've made!

Post Thanks / Like
    jillsjoy, glad to have you with us. If you can figure out how it's done would you send some pictures of things you have Done. Where do you live in Ohio? I grew up along the river .We were across the river from Wheeling . It has changed from when I was growing up, now the interstate has gone thru the little town and just about moved it off the map. If you want a pattern or need a problem resolved just let us know, someone will have an answer for you. Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to figure out to post pictures. I will probably work on that tomorrow. Thank you for the welcome to this group.

Post Thanks / Like
    We live about half way between Akron and Canton. I will work on posting some pics tomorrow. Thank you Margaret for the welcome to the group.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to Crochet Talk! It is a pleasure to have you here on the message boards! Please pull up a chair and make your self at home here - this is a wonderful group of people we have on site! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. I am a avid crocheter myself of over 30 years. You will learn a lot on here. nice to have you with us