Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Yarn substitution

Good morning, I am attempting to make a Vintage Cowl Dress. The yarn used in this project is Twilley's Gold fingering yarn. Does anybody have any suggestions for a substitution for this yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just googled it and this is what came up.

[url]https://www.google.com/#q=+Twilley's+Gold+fingering+yarn[/url].

[url]https://www.google.com/#q=fingering+weight+yarn[/url]

The first link shows where you may be able to buy it. The second shows others for fingering yarn. You may be able to get an idea of exactly what you may need. I would suggest a gauge swatch just to make sure it is the right one. Hope I haven't confused you.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    This would probably work well. Sometimes available at Hobby Lobby's but mostly sold online at the store I've linked to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteyp View Post
    Good morning, I am attempting to make a Vintage Cowl Dress. The yarn used in this project is Twilley's Gold fingering yarn. Does anybody have any suggestions for a substitution for this yarn.

4. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    fingerling is one less than dk. also sold as baby yarn. superfine is too small. hope this helps some.

6. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    OOOh those are pretty yarns, I bet the dress is lovely. Good luck on your substitution, hope it works for you.

8. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Peteyp View Post

Post Thanks / Like

jan@4224

This is my first post. To let you know a bit about me, I'm 77 years young and try to be very active, but crocheting is my passtime. Love to make gifts for my 4 great-grandchildren. Would love ideas to crochet for my 6 year old. It's difficult to find items for a boy.
    Thank you in advance.
    Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jan@4224 View Post
    This is my first post. To let you know a bit about me, I'm 77 years young and try to be very active, but crocheting is my passtime. Love to make gifts for my 4 great-grandchildren. Would love ideas to crochet for my 6 year old. It's difficult to find items for a boy.
    Thank you in advance.
    Jan
    action figures are a hit with my great nephews! Stuff like Spiderman, Ironman etc.
    Dinah

13. Likes elproct liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the Red Bird.

Quote Originally Posted by jan@4224 View Post
    Thank you in advance.
    Jan
    Thank you for the Red Bird suggestion. I have copied all. Love them.