Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Unknotted chain

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Unknotted chain

I came across a pattern that says to start out with an unknotted chain. How is this done? I suppose it is so easy to do.

Thanks.

Robyn

2. Likes Winnie2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I am not the expert here but could not find anything on an "unknotted" chain. What type of pattern is it? I always thought a foundation chain was a foundation chain, but I may have something new to learn. :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Could they mean a no chaing foundation row? Can you post the link to the pattern, if possible, so we can see what they meant?

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I found the pattern on the ravelry website. It is called crochet baby converse by loopysue and it is a free download.

It starts out by saying make an unclosed slipknot and chain 12...

Robyn

Post Thanks / Like
    Re: unclosed slip knot stitch -- Crochet 'N' More Message Board

I found this about the unclosed slip knot. I hope this will help you.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Robyn I will defineately keep an eye on this post as I have never heard of an unknotted chain before! You know how you start with a slip knot maybe someone came up with a way to not use the slip knot?? That is the only thing I can think of as far as starting chain is concerned!! Let us know if you find out OK?? I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting you before so welcome to CT my name is Winnie I live in Va with my daughter and her husband. I have another daughter and her 2 boys, my only grandchildren, in Ky. I am from Ky and all my family lives in Ky. Nice to meet you I'm sure you will love this friendly group as much as I do!! Have a good evening Winnie

8. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Debbie,

Checked out what you found and that is what i ended up doing which is how I begin a chain anyway. I figured with all.the experienced crocheters here that most of you have a few tricks of the trade you will share. Thanks for the help.

Back to finishing another project before either bed or work which ever comes first.

Robyn

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie,

We have not formally met yet. I am not on as much as I would like with work during the day and hooking yarjn and everything else after work. Where in VA are you? I have an aunt and uncle in alexanderia that we are hoping to get out and see this fall. I am a rookie when it comes to crocheting tnough my mom and granda taught us kids when we were in grade school. So I retaught myself from memory and youtube. I have graduated from afghans to b
    by clothes. My daughter is having her second boy in august. So far I can't seem to find anything she likes to make. I have a son also. I am in Mn and we are finally getting spring weather. I can add more later but have a proget I want to finish tonight.

Hope to chat again,

Robyn

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Robyn, I am sorry I can't tell you any tricks but I have been thinking about it and I have seen one woman that don't do a knot in her slip stitch. I will look over some videos tomorrow and see if I can find her, I have an idea which lady it was. I wanted to tell you before I head off to bed.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

Post Thanks / Like
    The only think I can think of is "make sure you chain don't twist."
    Charlye