Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Post Thanks / Like

New and excited to learn new things!

Hello, my name is Debby Casper. I had trouble getting started and logged in but Ms. Barbara helped me out. Thank you Barbara! I learned how to crochet over 20 years. I am not fluent in it by no means! My grandma Bunny taught me how when I was pregnant with my oldest child. His blanket was the first thing I made and he still has it! I have made blankets, scarfs, Indian doll dresses, pot holders, dish cloths, bag holders, leg warmers, beanies, and a couple doilies, and scrubbies. I am hoping to learn more, and have been searching for patterns and came across this forum.
    I am a single mother of 5 (and still get my stepson a lot, so he makes 6). Plus of course those who adopt me to be their mom too...lol My children are 20, 16, 14 (on Friday ), 10 (my step son), 6, and 4. Plus I am currently working on my Associates degree for ECE (Early Childhood Education).
    Other things I like to do is cook, work on my truck, fix things around the house (love my tools anywhere from kitchen to mechanic to my drills and hammer), I also cross stitch, and I can sew, and my favorite thing is, of course the best gift God gave me, my children.
    I suppose that kinda sums it up.
    Nice to meet you!

2. Likes Barbara G., blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Debby, it is great to meet you. Welcome to our wonderful and friendly group. We are excited that you are joining us.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, I have only been on Yotatech forums and never really did anything there except look up for things to fix my 4runner. I am excited to be here!
    Debby

5. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Debby! It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, I wish I could make those! I have done a few simple ones, but learned they need undivided attention....so I figured I will have to wait until the little ones get a bit bigger. It's nice to meet you too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Debby, you are more then welcome. You will enjoy it here we have groups you can join. Also we are doing a crochet along. If you have any questions please ask we will do all we can to answer them for you.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Casper, it's certainly nice to "meet" you here in this community. And it is certainly a place to learn A LOT! Your life sounds very full, but it's so exciting for me to hear about your eagerness to learn new stuff in crochet. And you're studying ECE...and I'm sure you've run across the term "life-long learner" in your studies. I'm a teacher (languages and crochet and knitting) and enjoy inspiring people to learn new things to get those brain cells popping and sparking!
    Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy yourself!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to Crochet Talk! It is a pleasure to have you here on the message boards! Please pull up a chair and make your self at home here - this is a wonderful group of people we have on site! :0)