Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

My only two projects that won ribbons

Good morning, everyone.

I used to enter items in our local restoration fair and it's been years since I did. These two were the ones that won ribbons.

The filet afghan (first filet project ever) won a second place ribbon in 1989 (had to lay it on my living room floor to get the whole thing in). Usually it is draped over the back of my couch (and sometimes you can see it when I post other pics using the couch as a backdrop, LOL).

The Hiking Book Stocking won a third place ribbon in 2002.

For those of you who know LI, it is the Long Island Fair at Old Bethpage Restoration that I used to attend.

Roe

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8028[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]8029[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images My only two projects that won ribbons-filet-crochet-afghan-jpg My only two projects that won ribbons-hiking-boot-christmas-stocking-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Roe: The filet afghan is gorgeous. And I love the hiking boot! You do such good work.

3. Likes determined_to-crochet liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Roe, Congratulations.. What an honor.. Teresa

5. Likes determined_to-crochet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Roe,
    You did a really nice job on them! The boot stocking you did has very neat stitches.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Roe, the filet afghan is gorgeous and the hiking boots are awesome. You do wonderful work. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

8. Likes determined_to-crochet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Roe your a Crocheted Angel, that Filet piece is Gods Cloth? Lovely stocking and Congratulations on those Ribons, do you have them in a Album or a Frame? You should. Proud Friend / Susan MJ

10. Likes determined_to-crochet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That filet afghan should have First Place. There is a lot of work went into making that afghan, you did a great job.. I love the look of Filet crochet, but can't stand the counting. I made a place mat with this beautiful Angel on it. She was suppose to be tall and slender but she turned out short and fat. It took me forever to do it and I never tried it again..

12. Likes determined_to-crochet liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone. I have the ribbons saved, one I keep pinned to the hiking boot, the other is in a frame with a pictures of me standing next to the afghan that was hung up at the fair. They allowed me to stand behind the table since I was so excited I had won. I really entered just to see my name in print, never expected ribbons. But it was my 15 minutes of fame.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    LI Roe , they are absolutely gorgeous! And yes the afghan should have got a first prize ribbon, if for nothing else the size and the work that went into it!! I love both items... and Faye has asked me "Is there nothing you can't do!!!" and my answer is "YES FAYE! That!!! I couldn't do that in a million years!" And I have never been successful just making a baby bootie let alone an adult boot... So see Faye, I am not the GREAT ONE you think I am. LI Roe you are one talented lady! It is so nice to get ribbons on your work. your friend, Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 03-27-2014 at 06:58 AM.

15. Likes determined_to-crochet liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely work. I haven't filet crocheted in a while and I should try it again. Your work deserved the ribbons.