Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Raok

Post Thanks / Like

Raok

RAOK stands for Random Act of Kindness! We have a program that sends a small gift to raise the spirits of our members and we do it as a surprise. So if you see a member having a bad spell you pm me her name and anything you know about her and I have a list of people willing to send the gift. Now this gift is up to the member sending it. I like to send a small thing I have crocheted but other members have sent a card or a small bought gift. The price is unimportant it is the gesture that counts. I have been in charge of this program and I am asking someone else to take it over. If you would like to do it pm me and I'll explain how it is conducted. If you are interested in being on the list for giving a RAOK you may pm me and I will add you to the list of givers. One more thing is needed and that is to answer the questions on the 10 favorite things post it gives the giver a little knowledge of things you like to receive. If any of this is confusing please ask. There is a group in community and that might give you a little more info as well. This is a great program and I think some of the ones that have received a RAOK can tell you how nice it is to receive or give a gift.

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye: I gave a RAOK gift and it was such a pleasure to do that. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I will try to make something and send... but later
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Faye, I will make something and send it for a gift... Teresa
    Last edited by teresah; 03-21-2014 at 04:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ladies, I will put your names on the list but it works by someone requesting a RAOK for someone going through a bad patch and they ask me to have someone send them a RAOK and I go to the list and find the next on the list to give a RAOK and that is how the match happens. Remember I am looking for someone to take this position so if you are interested please pm me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Such a great idea! Thank you for doing this for others. Sometimes it seems we are all alone in our troubles or sorrows and getting something randomly from someone else shows that we are not alone. I was not aware of this program. Congratulations again for doing this for others!

7. Likes teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If you would like to be a giver contact me by pm. Thanks I love surprising people but people need to give me their addresses because if I have to ask for addresses it spoils the surprise. So everyone that would like a RAOK when they are down please pm me you address. I also need for people to tell me when they find someone who needs a lift.

9. Likes little drummer, teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    So nice. ROAK are sometimes hard to find.