Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Preemie patterns

Hi everyone, I belong to a charity crochet/knitting group and I am looking for patterns for "sleeping" or preemie babies. The burial outfits should open in the back for easy dressing and any other buntings, wraps, swaddlers, hats, etc should be for 1,2,3 lb and fairly easy to complete. We send to various hospitals and to organizations that distribute them to the needy. We also do prayer shawls, kid's hats, scarves and sweaters. I especially need some new ideas for the preemies.

I live in Petoskey, MI, am retired and love knitting and crocheting. Thank you for any help.

2. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

4. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Preemie

I am especially in need of preemie burial items - buntings, wraps, gowns, things like that. I have been doing a lot of the Care Wear patterns and we send things to Care Wear for distribution but it would be very nice to come up with some new items for baby boys. It could be a gown that opens in the back but with more of a masculine look to it. I just recently pulled a couple of patterns from another site and they both were so full of errors that I gave up trying to make them work.
    Yes, preemie blankets would be welcomed too. Thanks for your help.

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya mike's mom, We also have another member that requests preemie hats.. I would also be happy to make some burial outfits for your cause.. I had 3 very tiny preemie son's that passed, and this service wasn't available.. I also wondered if you take for FT babies that also pass? Teresa

Post Thanks / Like

8. Likes teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks to everyone who suggested patterns for sleeping and preemie babies. I will certainly put them to good use.

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Bellyn, TY for the sites you posted... I haven't seen you in a bit.. I'm glad you are back.. Teresa

Post Thanks / Like

preemie burial gowns, hats, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by teresah View Post
    Hiya mike's mom, We also have another member that requests preemie hats.. I would also be happy to make some burial outfits for your cause.. I had 3 very tiny preemie son's that passed, and this service wasn't available.. I also wondered if you take for FT babies that also pass? Teresa

absolutely, we would love to have others contribute items. thank you so much

12. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Mike's mom, Great, I will get some items together and then I will contact you to send them along... Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teresah View Post
    Hiya Bellyn, TY for the sites you posted... I haven't seen you in a bit.. I'm glad you are back.. Teresa
    Thanks! Been busy lately with firewood that this time last year I was done with. Hard to get good help ....“One chops the wood, the other does the grunting.”

15. Likes teresah liked this post