Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: Claire Bacchi

Post Thanks / Like

Question Claire Bacchi

Hi. My name is Claire. I am interested in learning Romanian point lace, and Irish lace crochet. I love Romanian which is different than Irish point. I need instructions on how to do the Romanian stitches. I am interested in making doilies round, rectangle and square. I also need patterns! If anyone can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it. I believe Romanian point is an art passed down in the generations as I can not find books on it. I discovered this on YouTube. I also want to learn Irish crochet which is a bit different than the regular crochet we do to make doilies. Also I need patterns and instructions. Thank you for taking the time to read my email.
    Claire

2. Likes blueeyes68, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Claire, it is nice to meet you. Welcome to our wonderful and friendly group. We are exited that you will be joining us. Any questions you have we will do our best to answer them for you. Stop by to chat anytime.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much. I hope that someone will know about Romanian point lace crochet, and Irish point lace crochet! RPL is done on a crochet cord. The basic needle work is done on the cord. It is very beautiful. Irish crochet is crocheted pieces that are assembled together with needlework. I have crochet for 35 plus years, and just came across these forms of crochet on the You Tube. I want to learn both! They are very different from one another. I am sure more people in this forum will want to learn these arts also! Once I saw it, I knew I had to learn it! Thanks Debbie! Claire

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Claire,
    I am sure that once the group sees your thread that they will do what they can to help. Me I have not heard about what you are asking. I wished I did. Cause I would love to help you. I'm sure someone will know. I just started crocheting over a year ago from watching videos on YouTube.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

6. Likes determined_to-crochet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome!

Nice to meet you and glad you joined us! Please make yourself at home, take some time to look around, and also let us know if you need help with anything!

Feel free to post pattern requests here: Pattern Requests

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    hiya Claire, I found these sites for Romanian and Irish Point tutorials.. What lovely items there are to crochet.. I think I just may try that also.. I hope one of them may assist you..
    Also, I would like 2 w/c U 2 CT. t's very nice 2 meet U. If U have any questions, pls. do not hesitate 2 ask. It would B my pleasure 2 assist U... Teresa

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...manian+crochet

How to Make Romanian Lace Cord | crochet today

Romanian Lace Cord Crochet Tutorial | MAKE: Craft

Crochet - Irish Crochet -Romanian point lace - Dentelle Renaissance o

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...+point+crochet

Irish Crochet Tutorial for Beginners | Crochet Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Theresa,
    Thank you for sending me those sites. Most of them I have already. But I'd rather get them 100 times and not miss one I did not see yet. You are a blessing! If you know anything about either art let me know! I am so eager to get on with it. I do all sorts of crochet and learning some knitting. But I love the filet crochet, doilies and all lacy work. Now I cannot wait to do RPL, and Irish lace. Both have really caught my fascination. I love all art forms of crochet. Thanks dear for the sites. Claire

10. Likes teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hi Theresa,
    I just looked at each site and I only had bits of what you gave me. Gosh I cannot thank you enough. I love color as well as ecru and white. Some of the instructions I have were in color. Or a variegated color. I will definitely start with size 10 thread. Some people are using sz.10 petrel cotton. I love the shine and colors. I hope you try it too. You seem to be more experienced than me and I could use a friend like you for advice! Much thanks. You are a real blessing to me. claire
    Last edited by Claire Bacchi; 03-18-2014 at 06:30 PM. Reason: I meant Perle cotton! Spell check got it wrong. :-))))

12. Likes teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Claire, TY for your kind words. You are very welcome.. It is my pleasure.. I have never seen those types of stitches, so TY for introducing them to me.. I really would like to try them. I'm sure they are a bit more intricate than your average crochet patterns.. I think that Larissa would do these very well also.. She does lovely doilies.. I am currently using thread for a bolero.. I have used it many times in the past, but it has been a while.. I am enjoying it, but it does take a bit longer.. I don't know just how experienced I am, but, if there is any thing I can assist you with, pls. do not hesitate to ask.. Teresa

14. Likes Claire Bacchi liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not that experienced myself with understanding what thread and hook to use. I just get what I like and work from there. Years ago I subscribe to a crochet magazine called "Miracle Crochet". I had trouble following crochet instructions. :-( Miracle Crochet was not your normal crochet magazine. They used symbols to represent the stitches and I was able to do fancy doilies. I made love swans table runners, pineapple doilies and so much more. I gave most of what I made away. I don't think I kept one! It made me happy to give. I still have the magazines, but I cannot find them at this time. The magazine is out of print, and I wanted to put some of patterns on YouTube, but I do not own the rights so I cannot do that. Claire

16. Likes teresah liked this post