Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
    Post Thanks / Like

Sophie Digard Scarf - My Swatch

I have managed to do a small swatch, and I machine washed it in a lingerie bag to make sure it would come out ok. From this I learned that you can air fluff it in the dryer, but it will need to be hand blocked and laid flat to dry. The Curio thread I purchased is two-ply and can be used with a 1.5mm hook, but I'm using a 1.65mm hook and it works just fine. My issue is what to do with the ends. For the centers I made a small knot and used fray check to make it permanent, and it came through the wash fine. But as you can see, sometimes there is a larger space between the petals because of the knot. Even though those centers are small, I think weaving in the ends would be better. Or am I being a little OCD?

I also think that the darker centers would look better with an ivory petal, and the white would look better with pastel centers. My birthday is next week, so maybe if the birthday fairy is generous I'll be able to get the additional colors!
    Attached Images Attached Images Sophie Digard Scarf - My Swatch-sany0458-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't really see any difference. It is just really beautiful. I like the idea of ivory with darker and pastel with white also.

And an early Happy Birthday to you!!!!

Roe

3. Likes determined_to-crochet liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Nova, I can't see the difference either.. But it is very beautiful... Teresa

5. Likes determined_to-crochet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Nova, I agree with Roe and Teresa. I can't see the difference. It is really beautiful.

And an early Happy Birthday!!!!!

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

7. Likes determined_to-crochet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The space between 2 of the petals is caused by the knot, and it isn't on all of them - so I guess I am being a little OCD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi nova. It's beautiful !! I love it. Happy birthday and hope the birthday fairy makes you happy

10. Likes determined_to-crochet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It s beautiful
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Nova55, your Sophie Digard Scarf is beautiful! May the birthday fairy bring you all the yarn you desire! Happy Birthday!

13. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the birthday wishes! And yes, the birthday fairy did come through, so I have ordered the pastel colors. I haven't worked on the scarf, first because I want to alter the colors, but I'm trying to get an Easter bunny pattern done, and I need to do some spring gardening. Since I moved to CA, I hate doing outside work in the sun - way too hot - and we currently have some gray days. Time to get my shovel!

15. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post