Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

when do I grow up

I was 62 in Feb. I thought my emotions wouldn't go up and down so much and I would deal with my emotions better as you get older. I have matured in a lot of ways but this is still a battle.

With the Good Lord's help --I make it through. I just thought it would get easier but I guess not this side of heaven. I am more passive than aggressive --until I am backed in a corner.

Like to hear from you gals how your doing as the years go by and you cope with it. God Bless you all Have a Blessed Day.

2. Likes ooh-lalah, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is a good question. I have seen people gett more bitter and hateful as they get older. MY father had a terrible temper when I was young but as he aged he mellowed out. But I find that I am less passive than when I was young. I useto let people walk all over me. And not say a thing. But since I have gotten older I will not let anybody walk all over me. If they do something that upsets me I let them know it.

4. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi MeerKat I speak up more too --now that I am older. I was so just like you --I let people walk all over me too. My dad was very easy going. But My mom-- she could be so much fun--but I think she was mani-depressive or bi-polar--you never knew when she would get mad about something and be mad a long time. My husband had a fast temper but than he got over his temper fit --didn't hold on to it. So it is just in me now to try not to make anyone mad. I am trying to get over it--but it is like a knee jerk reaction. I get so disgusted with myself. Thank the Good Lord --He is our hope and comfort. MeekKat --good for you--You go girl--proud of you.

6. Likes justplainjudy, MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I just turned 62 in January 2014 and as I get older, I become more adamant about what I believe in and what to do about it. I actually started gaining confidence after I divorced my first husband when I was 29 and it just continued. I fight for what I believe in (talk to the town officials where I live, they are not thrilled over me, LOL). After the death of my second husband, my younger brother and my mom, all in a 13 year span, I realized I still had to be strong. And I am, somehow, you get an inner strength. I take after my mom a lot, she was very independent (dad died when I was 34) and I will admit, sometimes I want to pack it all in, but most of the time I just deal with whatever I have to. I may yell and cry but I do it. I refuse to be bitter or hateful, life is too short for that. It is only normal to feel different emotions, each one of us is different and we handle things differently. But you will be fine. Just believe in yourself.

Roe

8. Likes justplainjudy, ooh-lalah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome LI Roe It is nice hearing from you girls. God Bless you

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Susie Ann, I Pray for the Lord to Guide me. God Bless you...Hugs, Teresa

11. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    HI Teresah I agree with you. Wouldn't make it without God

13. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too am a very passive person, and for many years I have let others say what they will to me. I always forgive them. That is my nature. I am a Canadian, married to an American. I now live in Florida. My first marriage lasted for 22 years. He was verbally abusive and then I met my currant husband in a online chat. Chatted for 2 1/2 years before we met. We have been together for 12 years now. He is the only person who respects me for who I am. Always says please and thank you for all that I do. Tells me everyday he loves me.
    My family is in Canada. I love Florida it is why we live here. I do not have many friends, not close ones.
    For many years I cried for no reason, I attributed to hormones. Found out it was hypertension and diabetes, both can set it off.
    I do a lot of praying and God answers in his own way and we just need to look for it sometimes.
    Last year was the worst. Our car was stolen. We were very poor and turned down for food stamps. My father died back in May, then in late August I had a stroke.
    Life is hard, but I am thankful for what I do have and the love of my husband and family.
    It is hard to be passive. I know all to well. I have found as I have got older I do speak my mind and people do listen.
    Susie Ann God be with you. Cry if you need it. I know it helps. And know it is ok. That is who you are.
    Sorry for the length of this. But my heart goes out to you.
    A Smile is a gift to be shared daily.

15. Likes justplainjudy, ooh-lalah, MeerKat, teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Christine--thank you for sharing. When you meet the Lord --He will say well done thy Good and Faithful servant.

17. Likes justplainjudy, teresah, Christine1958 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It is really neat to hear many of you say you refuse to get bitter and mean. That is the way I feel. I had to fight the bitter feelings--grudges-than I would feel guilty about holding a grudge but I would keep praying about it and it finally left. Funny thing is after years of bitterness towards that person--one morning I got up and it was gone--Like God just turned off the faucet. I still shake my head over that --how God works. Just like my fear of God--kept praying and one day it was just gone. But than I asked Him if any was left He should get rid of it in me. Uh Oh there was some left and than I got mad at God for putting me through this again. He was only doing what I asked for. Poor God all He puts up with me. I think maybe He is working on me being stronger and kinder not just by my actions but in my heart too. I do ok on the outside but my heart rebels. Right now I feel like I am breaking into little pieces and don't know how to pull my self together. But I do have the confidence in God to see me through. It is just all these darn emotions that are driving me crazy sometimes. Thanks ladies for sharing with me. It is helping. Prayers and love are sent to all of you. God Please bless all these dear ladies and I look forward to meeting them in heaven someday by Your Grace.

19. Likes justplainjudy, MeerKat, teresah liked this post