Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

confused on starting second half of vest

Am working on a baby vest, redheart pattern #WR1757, and am not underdstanding how to do the left back side of the vest. Am I working it as a separate piece and then attaching ater or am I attaching it now. Thank you for any help/advice.

Robyn

2. Likes teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Robyn, I am sorry I haven't been able to check out on this pattern.. I will do this and get back to you.... Teresa

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Robyn, As I posted on a different page.. I'm sorry I hadn't gotten to this as I said I would.. I will do this and get back to you... Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Teresah,

Not a problem...had other projects to keep me busy today.

Robyn

6. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The pattern says:
    Note:
    Vest is worked from the center of Back to center of
    Right Front. Stitches are then picked up along opposite
    edge of foundation chain and worked to center of Left
    Front.

LEFT BACK
    Working along opposite side of foundation chain at center
    of Back, work 26 (30, 32, 38) scs. Work as for Right Side
    reversing shaping.

It doesn't explain how to join the yarn though. So you place the right Back and front piece right side facing you with the opposite side of the starting chain you made way back at the beginning of the Right Back. Then insert the hook into the back-side of the first ch, and draw a loop of yarn through, then ch1, then sc in same ch, then work the number of sc indicated across for the size you want.
    To reverse the shaping you have to make the decreases for the armhole and neck line to match those on the Right side.
    Hope this helps.
    cv

8. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya CV and Robyn, TY so much for figuring this out.. I have been checking this out and trying different ways.. You just said it great.. There is another more having difficulty with a pattern also.. Her name is Tolegranny Debbie, she is doing a beautiful tablecloth for her daughter.. Maybe you can check into that one and see what you think... Thx a bunch... Teresa