Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

Help ...not understanding pattern

here is the online pattern link
    Free Crochet Patterns

I am not understanding this round.....

Rnd 36: (Sl st, ch 1, sc) in first ch sp, -got this

[ch 3, sc in next ch sp] 7 times, (so all of these go into 1 chain space?)
    sc in next ch-1 sp, -got this

{ch 3, sc in next ch-1 sp} 7 times, (all of these go into 1 chain space and rept 7 times?)

sc in center st of next3-sc group] around, join in beg sc. Fasten off. -got this

what does the different brackets mean? In Algebra the types of brackets mean different things and I only remember this because I homeschooled my kids...but for the life of me I don't see how the different types of brackets relate to the pattern.

I had a problem with something in the beginning of the pattern and there was a contact me link on the web site but that is gone now...I suppose she didn't want me to reach her again LOL

Help!
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

2. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they were just separating the instructions. I've seen it before. Sometimes it best not to think to hard. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    The different types of brackets don't make much of a difference its just their style of pattern writing. When they write it like this [ch 3, sc in next ch sp] 7 times. The stitches they want you to do are in between the brackets, the following number is how many times they want you to do it. Not all in one space, it is just better than writing: ch 3, sc in next ch sp, ch 3, sc in next ch sp, ch 3, sc in next ch sp, ch 3, sc in next ch sp, ch 3, sc in next ch sp, ch 3, sc in next ch sp. Hope this helps and doesn't confuse you further

5. Likes billiebob, teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Teri, I agree, It's the directions for the repeating stitch... Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    I think there is a print mistake...

Rnd 36: (Sl st, ch 1, sc) in first ch sp,

[ch 3, sc in next ch sp] 7 times, (so I am to believe this is one time in each of the 7 ch-1 sp)

sc in next ch-1 sp,

{ch 3, sc in next ch-1 sp} 7 times, (I think this doesn't belong here...I think it was put in by accident, because this leads me to believe to put all 7 sets in one ch-1 sp)

sc in center st of next3-sc group] around, join in beg sc. Fasten off.

These directions are the last row of a pineapple sort of pattern.

I contacted the designer via FB but haven't heard from her yet. That is the only way to contact her. I have to complete the dress plus booties by April 5 for the baby shower. I don't have lots of time since I teach 22 hours a week and come home too exhausted to think LOL....

Your thoughts????

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you all for your help but the designer got back to me and it is as I thought above:

Here is what she said......

Hi sorry your having problems when it says 7 times it not in the same ch sp but the next 7 ch sps, then at the end of the row sc in the last ch-1 sp and that is the last stitch of that row. I hope this helps but if not email me back and I will help. Marilyn

Post Thanks / Like
    Shucks, I am always too late when I know the answer!! Why does it only happen when I know the answer??? lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Dad Gum! I knew the answer too but saw this too late!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks any way Faye and Lawana.....I know I can always count on you 2 another time...I still don't know if I should block this thing or not. It is #3 cotton but tt seems very condensed and the pattern is not opening up as I would like it to. I feel like the skirt part should open up a bit. I am almost finished I just have to add the sleeves and finish off the neckline. And buy ribbon which has to be woven into the bodice plus buttons for the back.