Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
    Post Thanks / Like

Summerweight Rippling Vest

This vest is gorgeous. I can visualize it over jeans, as the model is wearing it, or over a slinky black dress for meeting your honey after a long day at the office and dancing under the stars!

It's crocheted with Aunt Lydia's Bamboo Thread... uses 16+ balls of it.

Question... if we keep making all this thread, yarn, flooring, fabric, etc., from bamboo, what are the pandas eating?

Here's the vest:

Rippling Vest Crochet Pattern | Red Heart
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

2. Likes cybarra, Nova55, blueeyes68, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is really beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

Post Thanks / Like
    You're welcome, Debbie. I think it's too pretty not to share
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Poinciana, TY for posting the vest.. It is very lovely... Teresa

6. Likes Poinciana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Poinciana, you are right about it being too pretty not to share. I really love the colors that they used. I saved a copy and hopefully I can make one. Blue is my favorite color, wonder how it would look doing it in different color blues.

Debbie

8. Likes Poinciana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teresah View Post
    Hiya Poinciana, TY for posting the vest.. It is very lovely... Teresa
    I bet those colors would look pretty on you, Teresa.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes68 View Post
    Hey Poinciana, you are right about it being too pretty not to share. I really love the colors that they used. I saved a copy and hopefully I can make one. Blue is my favorite color, wonder how it would look doing it in different color blues.

Debbie
    Blue is my favorite color, too. I think the trick would be to choose blues that were complimentary to one another... yes, it would be gorgeous in different blues.

I always have problems getting any range of shades in colors because it seems as if the yarn companies really keep us limited in color choices at any given time. I'd like to find some really scrumptious peaches but the search is very limiting. As suggested in a knitting forum, dye your own yarn! lol, I don't have adequate time to deal with dyeing yarn ... if I did, that would be ideal.

11. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poinciana,
    I know what you mean about the yarn. The only place here that sales yarn is Wal-Mart and they may have one of two colors of blue. May have to check out all brands of yarn to find what I would need. But wonder if that would work. We are rising our grandson so I'll know I could never dye my own yarn.
    If you do one hope you will share a picture with us.

Debbie

Post Thanks / Like
    So very pretty, thank you so much for sharing. Would look just beautiful in shades of blue. Carol

14. Likes Poinciana, blueeyes68 liked this post