Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Post Thanks / Like

2014 Meeting - Positions Open and taken

Positions Taken
    Housing - KayMory
    Forums - Some have suggested that we not have any classes so this needs to be decided.
    Raffle -
    Goodie bags - Lili
    Craft fair fund raising - Betty
    Registration -
    Recreational Activities - Dinah Roberts
    Transportation - Jean Marie
    Hospitality - Billie Conrad

To the best of my knowledge these are the filled and open positions for our meeting.

We need to get a firm number of people attending. To the newer members we are planning a June 6,7,8 meeting at Fall Creek Falls State Park in Pikeville, TN
    This is not a crochettalk meeting but a group of us on here that would like to meet in person and exchange ideas and information. We have raised money to help with expenses both to conduct the meeting as well as help some of the members who need a little help to get to the meeting.

We are currently looking into having another raffle this time to raffle an afghan or two to raise a little more money.

New members if you would like to volunteer for one of the open positions please contact me through a pm. If you want to attend please contact Kay for information on housing and to let us know the number of attendees.

Chairs in the filled positions we need to talk on Skype or google+ as soon as possible. Please pm me with your name on either of these video chat places. If you do not use these services you may need to call one of us so the you may hear what we say and perhaps text questions and answers.

We also have a page on Facebook under 2014 Hooker Meeting. You can go online to get information about the Fall Creek Falls Park but please do not book a room without contacting Kay so you are placed with our group.

Billie Conrad has a cabin reserved and her family is no longer attending with her so she has room in her cabin for anyone that needs a room. I also have a couple of beds open at my home or Kaye's (my twin who lives down the road from me).

Your family or friends are welcome as well but we do need to know how many will be coming. I am giving the Friday night meal at Kaye's home so I need to know how many to cook for.

Any questions please pm me. We want everyone to come that possibly can.

Transportation may be arranged if you need a ride and if you can give someone a ride please notify Jean Marie.

If I have any information incorrect please pm me.

2. Likes justplainjudy, billieconrad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the current Six (6) reservations: Billie Conrad - 1 Large Villa Cabin; Eva Stone - 1 Cabin; Mark & Jean De Wall - 1 Room Inn; Karen (Kayemory) Hoagland - 1 Room Inn; Judith James (2) - 1 Room Inn. If any of this in incorrect, please contact me.

The meeting is scheduled for June 6, 7, & 8 (Friday, Sat., & Sun.), 2014 at Falls Creek Falls State Park, Pikeville, TN Tennessee State Parks: Fall Creek Falls - you make your own reservation at 1-800-250-8610 (ask for Connie and tell her you are with the 2014 Hooker Gathering Group) Be sure to get a confirmation. There will be a meal together Friday night at Faye's home. Other meals to be decided.
    There are no more cabins available to reserve. Billie Conrad is looking for others to share her cabin. Please contact Billie and she can contact me. You CAN still make reservations at The Inn: 2 double beds or a king bed: 2 people in a double room is $79.00 plus tax, for a senior, 62 or older - a 10% discount. King bed is $88.00 plus tax, there again 10% discount for seniors. Pets are in the rooms with 2 dbl. beds not king bedrooms. Pet fee of $15.00 p/night per pet. Each additional person 16 or older after the first two adults will be additional charge p/night of $10.00. Up to 5 people in a room.

4. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the posts...I'm replying just to keep the thread current...so looking forward to the meeting!

6. Likes justplainjudy liked this post