Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

just found this forum! YEA!!

Hi y'all! ! I am a SAHMto 4 kiddos(22,18,17 and 10), a hubby, a one chihuahua! I crochet to keep me sane and to keep from beating my kids or husband lol! I bave known how to crochet since I was probably about 12 but did not have the patience for it and and have just picked the hook back up about 3 years ago. I make a few things to sell just to pay for my habit (buying more yarn) I have recently joined a granny aquare swap on facebook which lead e here!! Cant wait to meet everyone and vet more involved here!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

3. Likes determined_to-crochet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello jmrcmama, it is great to meet you. Welcome to Crochet Talk. We are very excited that you are joining our wonderful group. Look around and enjoy meeting some really great people. If you have any questions we will do all we can to answer them.
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

5. Likes determined_to-crochet liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya SAHM, It sounds like you have a very active life.. And, I love your sense of humor..(It is a sense of humor isn't it? LOL) I am glad you found this forum. So, just so you do beat your kids or hubby, I would like to tell you that you on a site with very friendly and helpful members.. With that said, if you have any questions, please allow us to assist you.. Enjoy crochet talk... Teresa

7. Likes determined_to-crochet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to Crochet Talk! I think a lot of us have a yarn addiction- I know I do!LOL!

9. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Jmrcmama...happy to have you here
    Your household sounds normal and that is good ; ) My youngest of 3 is away at college now so I don't have that confusion any more....you will miss it eventually. the other 2 are all grown and out of the house.
    A lot of us here learned to crochet at a young age and dropped it for what ever reason. Not too long ago teens thought crocheting or knitting was dull and old lady like. Perhaps that is why many of us dropped it and picked it up later in life. But ....times have changed my 21 year old loves to crochet and knit since she was 8 and kept up with it. I have dance students who have asked me to teach them when I made slippers this Christmas for my assistants...so I feel that the art of crochet and Knitting has come back as what it is.... an art form. Especially with all the amigurumi patterns available today. I see moms more often these days in our waiting room knitting and crocheting more that ever before...
    Great that you could join us....you will love the learning aspect and also the silly conversations here...hope to talk to you soon
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

11. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Crochet Talk! We are excited to have you here as a member! Please feel free to share with the members about your crochet adventures, or if you have any questions! This is a wonderful group of people we have on site! Thanks for joining us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jrmcmama how are you and welcome. It is good that you joined us. I have been our of commission for several years and only been back to crocheting for 2. I enjoy it immensely I joined Annie's and get kits every month and it is always different. I believe I am an intermediate now did not believe that I could even do that. Unsure of myself. My sons love it when I make them things and they do not think that I am an old lady even though I am going to be 62 this summer. They are good boys they are not little they are 41 and 38 years old. I also have three granddaughters.

This is for Teri and anyone else who comes on here. Did you all know that back in the 1800' that crocheting was only for the wealthy. Everyone else had to knit. Isn't that something. I also have seen a lot of women crochet and knit in Dr.'s offices also. Well all you ladies have a good day and take care. May God Bless

14. Likes dancingbaehr, blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the little history lesson Miss Shirley....I love learning historical facts about things I like to do. I wonder why only the wealthy crocheted. I am a Little House on the Prairie and Dr. Quinn fan and love seeing all the crochet items on the shows. I know it is all just TV, but just looking at the beautiful shawls that they wear, especially on Dr Quinn, makes you wonder how popular crochet really was back in times of the western movement.
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

16. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Teri I did not get back to you right away. Have not seen Dr. Quinn or Little House on the Prairie in a long time. But what I recall they did have beautiful shawls and doilies in there programs. I have not made only one doilies it was for my Great Granddaughter a heart for Valentines Day. I just got done crocheting a bunny purse it is the cutest thing. If I knew how I would of sent a picture of it on CrochetTalk. The pattern comes from Annie's and it has pom pom for cheeks and a pink nose. I love it I am going to put a little bag of jelly beans and send it to her. Well this is getting long so I will let you go take care and God Bless