Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Question Discontinued Yarn Sizes for Bernat yarn

I have an old pattern book which calls for Bernat Nice 'n Soft or Bernat Berella yarns. These yarns have been discontinued and I have no idea what the yarn weight is. From some research I am assuming they are "3" weight. Does anyone out there have an answer?

2. Likes teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya, geirambo, I'm not exactly sure, but it sounds like to me, that it maybe soft yarn. Is that what the pattern requests you to use? If so, maybe you can use another similar type of yarn..
    Also, Please let me welcome to this wonderful site..
    The members are very friendly as they are with assistance.I hope you enjoy yourself here on Crochet Talk.. Teresa[

Post Thanks / Like

Discontinued Yarn Sizes for Bernat yarn

Thanks Teresah. I have been on this site for quite some time now but usually can figure out any questions I have. This pattern book was published in 1998 and I did find out that the Berella is a sport/.DK yarn so I know that is a "3" but the other I'm not so sure about. I do agree with you though that it is a soft yarn.

5. Likes teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya geriambo, YW.. Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    I did find on Ravelry that is a ten ply worsted yarn. Hope this helps you with finding what you need.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=geirambo;121511]Thanks Teresah. I have been on this site for quite some time now but usually can figure out any questions I have. This pattern book was published in 1998 and I did find out that the Berella is a sport/.DK yarn so I know that is a "3" but the other I'm not so sure about. I do agree with you though that it is a soft yarn.:confused:[/QUOTE]

Bernet Berella 4 is not a "3" weight but a "4". I just checked the skeins I have (Michaels clearanced them out years ago at $1 a skein and I picked up as many as I could) and they are a "4".

Roe

Does the pattern call for Bernat Berella 4? That is what I have.
    Last edited by LI Roe; 02-27-2014 at 08:12 PM. Reason: add info

Post Thanks / Like
    LI Roe, the pattern just calls for Bernat Berella, that is what is so darn confusing. Thanks for the info though, it helps a lot.
    Geirambo

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info Barbara G.