Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Hi All

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hi All

Hi Everyone ... I'm Sue from N.H. and I'm new to this site. I hope to not only share my love for crochet, but also what knowledge have of crochet, and to also learn from those who can teach me new stitches so I can broaden my knowledge of my craft as well. I am self taught and generally keep busy with crochet during the fall and winter months. My summers are full of gardening with my Mom and fishing with my sister. I along with my sister love to brook and stream fish for trout most everyday. I love to try new fishing holes and get excited when she and I come across what we call a "honey hole" for fishing. We spend a great deal of time traveling through NH and hiking to find great spots to drop our lines in the water and we came back with our limits most everyday. If I'm not talking of fishing or gardening I'm working my craft and my love for crochet. When I lived in Japan ( I spent 8 yrs there ) I came across a bookstore of crochet. I quickly learned that I enjoyed the Japanese crochet books more than the American crochet books. Though I couldn't read Japanese their language of directions, I understood the crochet symbols and found it much easier to crochet using symbols verses reading the instructions the way the American books do, or did at that time. It was then that I began my collection of Japanese crochet books. Of course with the internet being so full of information, I have found a new way of crocheting called "Entrelac" crochet and find it very interesting and want to learn more about it. Okay, so now that you all have my life's story ( ha ha ) I'm ready to be a student to those who know more than I do. Ha ha Best wishing to you all and happy learning. Sue

2. Likes blueeyes68, teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Sue, Wow do you have a full life. Talk about busy.. But I bet all that you do is with all of your heart and you are passionate about them.. I would be very interested in looking at the Japanese patterns.. What a find.. I will search the internet and if I don't see any, maybe you will share..
    Also,
    I would like to welcome you to this site.. It's nice to meet you.. The members here are very helpful and friendly.. If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.. I hope you enjoy Crochet Talk as much as I do... Teresa

4. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to. Crochet talk nooleywood---i lived in claremont n h for six years

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Sue, it is great to meet you. Welcome to Crochet Talk. We are excited that you are joining our wonderful group. Look around and have fun. If you have any questions there are a lot of great people here that will help you all that we can. Enjoy Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

Post Thanks / Like
    Sue, lionbrand has an afghan that is done in the Entrelac . It is #L20319.. type in the Lionbrand. Once you are in, go to Patterns I go to Free crochet patterns . Then when it asks To search type in the # There are 2 patterns. One is done in big blocks with half of the afghan in several rows. the other one is in 2in. blocks. That is how I did mine and the baby one in baby colors. It gives good directions on how to do it. Let me know how you make out. Margaret.

8. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Sue! It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Crochet Talk! We are excited to have you here as a member! Please feel free to share with the members about your crochet adventures, or if you have any questions! This is a wonderful group of people we have on site! Thanks for joining us!

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Margaret.. TY for the pattern.. That really would make a adorable "blocks" toddler blanket.. Love it... Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sue. Welcome from Pa. Nice to have you with us. I am a avid crocheter

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sue, I also live in NH. I am still trying to figure out entrelac crochet. I have watched videos on Utube, etc. and still cannot get it right. I start with a center block and when I get to the third row I keep messing up. Is it possible to do this stitch in a straight line, as opposed to starting with a middle block. Sorry if I confused anybody. If you could possibly explain this to me (again) I would appreciate it. Its easier to email me at waldronp@gnmhc.org if you can. Thanks again!