Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Need help finding a popcorn pattern

I am looking for a pattern that was started by my mother years ago and I need to finsh. It is crocheted in squares starting with a circle the working oputwards one popcorn per side then 2, then 3 etc till 5 are done and the square finished. They are all sewn together to make the quilt. Any suggestions? I am fairly new to crocheting and all help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Likes N/A, teresah, lleka liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya mommicked, I'm sorry, I don't know of such a pattern.. I did a search with no results.. I would like to say it sounds lovely and I would surely like to see it.. If you post it, maybe we can figure out the stitches needed.. Teresa

4. Likes N/A, lleka liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you can post a pic and we can try to help, maybe someone has an old pattern book with it -

6. Likes N/A, teresah, lleka liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I can not get a pic to load but borrowing another sight, ByHaafner * crochet : This Year in Stitches she has a pink popcorn afghan trimmed in brown that is the one. I tried to post but am not sure I did it right on her blog. If anyone knows how this is done, I would thrilled. And thanks to her for borrowing her site for the help

Post Thanks / Like
    I am inadequate in posting a pic but I borrowed a website so one can see what I am talking about, ByHaafner * crochet : This Year in Stitches
    She has a pink popcorn blanket trimmed in brown that I want to know the name and instructions for. I can not figure out how to ask on her blog. If anyone can help, thanks

9. Likes teresah, lleka liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually think I know what you're talking about... I believe it is in my granny square book. If that is the case, I don't think I can share it since the pattern book wasn't free... not sure on the rules for that. I will get a picture of it asap to see if it's what you're talking about.

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya mommicked, Wow, that is a beautiful stitch... TY for sharing... Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mommicked View Post
    I am inadequate in posting a pic but I borrowed a website so one can see what I am talking about, ByHaafner * crochet : This Year in Stitches
    She has a pink popcorn blanket trimmed in brown that I want to know the name and instructions for. I can not figure out how to ask on her blog. If anyone can help, thanks

Good morning, mommicked. The pattern for the blanket you're looking for is posted in her blog. She posted the pattern for it on Wednesday, August 21, 2013.

If you go to the link you posted for "This Year in Stitches", go to the end of all the comments and click on "Older Posts" and do that on each page that opens, you will eventually reach the day she posted about the blanket and the popcorn stitch she used. I know it's a long process to do the search that way but it works. (takes about 2 minutes of your time.)

I do have a link for that page but twice now I've posted links in other posts here on CT that didn't work correctly, lol!

As for asking for help on a blog like she uses is to post a comment on the page you are interested in and hopefully the blogger will see it and answer you!

Have a lovely day and may God smile on you!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

13. Likes lleka liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    OH thank you so much for your help. O am very ready to try it. Maybe I will one day get it finished. I looked but had such a hard time. THank you for helping me

15. Likes Poinciana liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Heymommicked how are you doing----if you look to the right of that page where you saw the aftgan she has her e-mail address you might want to email her. See ya bettybee

17. Likes N/A, Poinciana liked this post