Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: the Rock #2

Post Thanks / Like

the Rock #2

Here's better pictures of the same rock and you can see the chipped end now.the Rock #2-rock-004-jpgthe Rock #2-rock-006-jpgthe Rock #2-rock-009-jpgthe Rock #2-rock-014-jpgthe Rock #2-rock-013-jpg

The chipped end is on the one with 3 pictures and is on the right end with the chipped place on the upper right end of the rock. I never paid much attention to it until recently but now I look at it every time I pass by it. I think it is unusual even if not valuable. I am curious to know what you all think. Patty

2. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good looking rock, lol!

You could get someone from the geology department at the university to take a look at it. Or you could check to see if there are any "rockhounds" clubs in your city.

They're all going to tell you it's an ancient petrified potato! However, it is an interesting rock and because of the somewhat smooth surface I would guess it spent a very, very long time in a riverbed or lake.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Patty, Where did these rocks come from? I'm definitely missing something...TY Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teresah View Post
    Hiya Patty, Where did these rocks come from? I'm definitely missing something...TY Teresa
    from Zpata, texas or close by maybe. Do you know anything about rocks? Let me know ... maybe in a PM might be better. Patty

6. Likes teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Patty, No I'm afraid I don't know anything about rocks until they turn into gems...sheesh..Teresa