Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: the Rock

Post Thanks / Like

the Rock

Back in about 1997-8, I found this rock. I didn't do anything to it at all except wash the dirt off it. I have been looking at it for some time now and am amazed at the brown color in it and how shiny it is. If there is anyone who knows values of any rocks out there? I would be interested to know if I have found anything of value. Is it just a rock? What or where should I go to have it checked out if there is a possibility that I have something of value. If you look closely the end of it is chipped and the inside looks kinda like a milky color inside.(sorry, this is fuzzy so I will take another picture of it) Who knows anything about rocks out there? I always thought it looked like a potato but a wet one at that because it is so shiny. the Rock-rock-001-jpgthe Rock-rock-002-jpgthe Rock-rock-003-jpgthe Rock-rock-005-jpgthe Rock-rock-010-jpgI will add some more pictures of the rock. Patty

PS THE 2ND POST IS CALLED "the Rock #2"

'
    Last edited by redhead; 02-21-2014 at 08:17 AM.

2. Likes MeerKat, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love stones especially transparent ones...
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know anything about rocks either but what about a local museum? They may have some info or direct you to a place that does.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know about the worth of Rocks, it is beautiful. I use to collect rocks, I would but them around the outside of my flower gardens. Can't get out to collect them any more. I have quite a few Geodes. When you break them open they look like Crystals.

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Patty,I now know the answer to the question I asked on another post. I would still be interested to know where you found them.. Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teresah View Post
    Hiya Patty,I now know the answer to the question I asked on another post. I would still be interested to know where you found them.. Teresa
    I found it in Texas I believe in probably around Zapata, Tx What question did you ask on another post? Patty

8. Likes teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    How is it that we ole women pick up Rocks I have one that I picked up because it looks like a small potato. When we got ready to move my daughter asked me why I was keeping the potato on the window sill. I still have it I washed it and it still looks like a potato. Margaret

10. Likes MeerKat, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always had a facination for rocks all my life, so it isn't just us ole ladies. My dad had a rock that looked like an old time Covered Wagon. It is strange the things you can see in those rocks.

12. Likes teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Ladies, OK, now I am impressed.. I guess I have to start looking at rocks. I seemed to overlook them until they had become gems...LOL Teresa

14. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    the Rock-rock-015-jpgthe Rock-rock-016-jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    I always had a facination for rocks all my life, so it isn't just us ole ladies. My dad had a rock that looked like an old time Covered Wagon. It is strange the things you can see in those rocks.
    You are right! I see many things in rocks and I still can't resist picking up a rock sometimes. I have one that looks like the bottom of a foot or shoe. I painted it on one side like the bottom of a bare foot and the top like a low cut tennis shoe.

Sorry I can't put my hand on that foot/shoe rock this minute but here is another one shaped like a heart.

16. Likes N/A, teresah liked this post