Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

My house in the winter

My house in the winter-yard-winter-003-jpgMy house in the winter-house-winter-001-jpgMy house in the winter-img_20140106_131200-jpg

These were taken at different times. The deeper snow was one of the first ones this winter and the others are later. I love the one where you can see the snow coming down really hard. The one with the sign on the deck is my house the bush is in my front yard and the snow coming down is my front yard . The other houses are my neighbors. I planted the tree when it was very small. It is a weeping willow tree and I just broke off some branches and put the end in a milk jug of water and kinda forgot about it. When I ran across it again it was full of purple roots so my husband dug a hole in the yard and we planted it and it really took off and that was about 12 years ago I guess. Patty
    Attached Images Attached Images My house in the winter-img_20140105_095345-jpg My house in the winter-img_20140106_131144-jpg 

2. Likes missro007, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    How wonderful. I love snow and nature scenes. Being in dirty city I cannot see even skies over my head but only little blue or grey square
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Winter scenes are so beautiful. I didn't know you could grow a weeping willow from a cutting like that. I have always wanted one. I may just go get one now!

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya redhead, Beautiful, This reminds me of my homes in Mi. and NY... I miss it so....waaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa L View Post
    Winter scenes are so beautiful. I didn't know you could grow a weeping willow from a cutting like that. I have always wanted one. I may just go get one now!
    Theresa L, Just take a plastic gallon milk jug and cut the top off and stick about 1/2 dozen cut off limbs in it and keep it filled with water till the roots almost rootbound the jug. They will be reddish purple and kinda bluish too. then plant them and water them really good. Weeping Willows need water. My husband put a plastic pipe in the hole with the roots so he could water them. I started a 2nd one a few years later a little farther over in the yard with out a pipe in beside it. It doesn't seem like it is growing as fast. You can see it above the bush in the "winter pictures" of my house. Good luck with that project! Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Very pretty. Love the weeping willow.

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like that here in Pa. I looks pretty but I am tired of snow

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard on weather today that you may be getting more ice and snow! Be careful and stay safe!LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!