Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking WIP - A unique approach to starting a sweater

Had this idea to start my sweater at the end of the sleeve and go across to the end of the other sleeve (one piece, no seam, what a cool idea, right?). So section 1 = half the sleeve height plus back of sweater.

Sections 2 and 3 are the sleeves before being joined for the body. I had to cut and rejoin for each section and cut and rejoin after the chains for the front part of the body were done.

By that time I thought this is too much cutting off and rejoining, plus I used the double trellis pattern. If I ever try this stunt again I'm going to use a plain stitch.

I just feel compelled to share this WIP with you. When I started, I thought "This is going to make me famous in crochetdom and now I'm LOLing my socks off.

WIP - A unique approach to starting a sweater-jpg
    See what Joyce Writes on Yahoo

2. Likes Poinciana, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very, very clever! Wow, you're really building up your sweater wardrobe. It's fun, isn't it. I can't wait until you're a world-famous designer with your own website and a designer-member of Ravelry! And here at Crochet Talk we can brag about you!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya oolahlah, what a great idea.. I hope you will post it when it is completed... Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    I would also love to see your completed piece. Love the color

Post Thanks / Like

Hi again! Once again I have a question about abbreviations/terminology. What in the world does WIP mean? Last time I learned what frog meant and I have delighted in using it! Thanx in advance for helping me.
    By the way, I love following Crochet Talk and enjoying all the sweet personalities!
    : ) gini
    gini

7. Likes ooh-lalah, teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya sweeth2opearl, If I am not mistaking WIP is "work in progress"...I would also like to welcome you to this site.. It's nice to meet you.. The members here are very helpful and friendly.. If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.. I hope you enjoy Crochet Talk as much as I do... Teresa

9. Likes sweeth2opearl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanx teresah...your explanation is much appreciated. : ) gini
    gini

11. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya gini, YVW.. Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    YVW????? I am not good with abbreviations!
    : ) gini
    gini

14. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya gini, I'm very sorry.. I said "You are very welcome... Teresa