Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Miss Shirley

Post Thanks / Like

Miss Shirley

Hi Ladies Does anyone out there know if there is a pattern for a slouchy hat and matching scarf made with shells. I crochet Shell Stitch Mitts and the young lady I made them for want a slouchy not too slouchy hat and a scarf to match them. It would be most appreciative if some one can help me. The Mitts she loves I would like to make her happy and make them for her. Thank You

2. Likes missro007, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.cascadeyarns.com/patterns...TooMuchFun.pdfhttps://www.google.com/#q=shell+stitch+slouch+ha

2 links to go by to others for hat & scarf. Google what you want (shell stitch slochy hat & po up comes links???????
    Last edited by Susan2014; 02-15-2014 at 08:30 PM.

4. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    OK thank you for the advice Susan M J I am learning. Kind of computer illeterate but getting there. Had been without electricity for 5 days. Just got it on yesterday. Everything is crippled here in the South when it comes to ice storms. It got to be 47 degrees in the house mighty cold. Some may be out for two weeks. Hope not please pray for them. Thanks again Susan and take care

6. Likes N/A, little drummer, missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Miss Shirley I or anyone in CT will be glad to help out if we can so speak up. So sorry for the electricity off etc. Yes some one some place has it worse. Im in Minnesota and its COLD & snowing lightly again, SUN is shining tho??? makes it look warmer haha. God Bless and KEEP WARM (just saw 19 above wow eeeeee. HUGS

8. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks MUMMSIE Sue! I love makin slouchy hats and only seen the one from MELADORA'S CREATION not the other one which is really cute! Everyone has their preference in yarn, I use caron simply soft or baby yarns for them, they seem to look much better drooping with these! I tried red heart soft and it stood up instead of drooped LOL! My DIL likes it but asked if I could make her more in the yarn I usually use! This is only a suggestion! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

10. Likes N/A, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by amanda View Post
    Thanks MUMMSIE Sue! I love makin slouchy hats and only seen the one from MELADORA'S CREATION not the other one which is really cute! Everyone has their preference in yarn, I use caron simply soft or baby yarns for them, they seem to look much better drooping with these! I tried red heart soft and it stood up instead of drooped LOL! My DIL likes it but asked if I could make her more in the yarn I usually use! This is only a suggestion! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!
    I used to always use Caron Simply Soft, but the last time I bought it it wasn't as near as soft as it use to be.. So I tried Herrshners Whisper Soft, and fell in love with it, Except they don't have a very good selecttion of colors.

12. Likes amanda, N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Amanda I love Caron simply soft yarn myself. I made shell stitch mitts with it and that is why I need a slouchy hat and scarf too match. I found a hat and scarf they are a match it is not a slouchy hat though. It is a Shell Stitch Hat and found a matching Scarf. They will be perfect. I found it on Google where Susan said I would find one. You have a nice day and take care

14. Likes amanda, missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks MeerKat! I haven't heard of that yarn before! HMM! I love trying new yarns! LOL! Good luck Miss Shirley and have fun! I really liked the shell slouchy hat that Susan sent very beautiful! She's a very smart lady! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

Post Thanks / Like
    On the yarn for your hats, last winter I made up a bunch of hats and was going to sell them. But here in Southern Texas there isn't much need for hats.
    So I gave them away. I was getting some Alpaka yarn from Hobby Lobby. It is so soft,easy to work with, and the colors were just right for hats. I made sloughies , Just added more rows to the front. If they wanted a brim, all they had to do was turn up the front. If they wanted to cover the ears just pull the hat on more. That Alpaka would make nice scarves ,too. That was" a take along " item that fit in my bag. Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Check My Messy Life. Candy has lots of great patterns for free.