Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

The little engine that could!! A life lesson!!

The little engine that could!! A life lesson!!-img046-jpg Sorry this is upside down can anyone tell me how to rotate? This hat whipped my hinny but after totally frogging it from round 14 to the beginning three times. I put it down and said I am not even going to try this thing again! But, if you know me I have this big stubborn streak and I felt it laughing at me very time I saw the pattern so I would pull it out and go to the row where the buttons are attached and do it over and still I could not get the count correct. I went to friends and they couldn't figure it out either. Then I went to Paige (nothing nowhere) and asked her to try and after only frogging a few rounds she was successful and posted a picture on Facebook of her completed hat. I really decided to throw it down again after she was able to do it fast and correct in a day or two and I had been trying for about 3 months. This is where that stubborn streak raises it's head. I could not stand to give up and then say I can do most things in crochet. I've made afghans, sweaters, dolls and all kinds of ornaments and I do consider myself an intermediate crocheter and if I gave up I would loose respect for myself. This is a standard I place on myself my friends were encouraging me to let it go. So a couple of days ago I picked it up again and armed with the knowledge that Paige and I could Skype and she could show me exactly where I was going wrong I started from where the cables start and I don't know why but I just crocheted right along and I didn't miss a beat it was done and I love it!! I believe that this is a life lesson for me and maybe others. You can do it if you put your mind to it and just take it step by step and never give up!! The feeling I got from seeing it completed was something I will hold onto and remember for a long time!! Thank you Paige for being there if I needed you and believe me I need you in the future and for my other girl friends on Crochettalk and Facebook I need you too!! It is a mystery how I found the people who make my life so much richer than I ever dreamed when I signed up on a crochet site. I can't mention all their names and I would be afraid I would leave someone out but they know how much they are loved!! I am a very lucky woman and thank you God for leading me to Crochttalk!! I hope you will forgive this book I wrote!! lol
    Last edited by twinfaye; 02-11-2014 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Help to rotate it, please!!

2. Likes billiebob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Story! I am like you, I do not like to give up for good, just give up for a while. Then back at it again and again until I get it done.

4. Likes determined_to-crochet, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    The little engine that could!! A life lesson!!-img046-jpg Sorry this is upside down can anyone tell me how to rotate? This hat whipped my hinny but after totally frogging it from round 14 to the beginning three times. I put it down and said I am not even going to try this thing again! But, if you know me I have this big stubborn streak and I felt it laughing at me very time I saw the pattern so I would pull it out and go to the row where the buttons are attached and do it over and still I could not get the count correct. I went to friends and they couldn't figure it out either. Then I went to Paige (nothing nowhere) and asked her to try and after only frogging a few rounds she was successful and posted a picture on Facebook of her completed hat. I really decided to throw it down again after she was able to do it fast and correct in a day or two and I had been trying for about 3 months. This is where that stubborn streak raises it's head. I could not stand to give up and then say I can do most things in crochet. I've made afghans, sweaters, dolls and all kinds of ornaments and I do consider myself an intermediate crocheter and if I gave up I would loose respect for myself. This is a standard I place on myself my friends were encouraging me to let it go. So a couple of days ago I picked it up again and armed with the knowledge that Paige and I could Skype and she could show me exactly where I was going wrong I started from where the cables start and I don't know why but I just crocheted right along and I didn't miss a beat it was done and I love it!! I believe that this is a life lesson for me and maybe others. You can do it if you put your mind to it and just take it step by step and never give up!! The feeling I got from seeing it completed was something I will hold onto and remember for a long time!! Thank you Paige for being there if I needed you and believe me I need you in the future and for my other girl friends on Crochettalk and Facebook I need you too!! It is a mystery how I found the people who make my life so much richer than I ever dreamed when I signed up on a crochet site. I can't mention all their names and I would be afraid I would leave someone out but they know how much they are loved!! I am a very lucky woman and thank you God for leading me to Crochettalk!! I hope you will forgive this book I wrote!! lol
    Faye, I clicked on it and put it in "my Pictures folder" and "previewed" it and then rotated it and it is really pretty! I could look at it right side up! I have not been on here very much recently .. getting ready to show all my art work to the girls I worked with at the bank! I have 9 folders of projects to hand out at the tables for them to look at!! If they are interested at all. They chose me to be the speaker at our February meeting and then said they would call the program "Patty's Hobbies". Boy have I been busy! I might just bring one or two of them (folders, that is) to the June meeting... MAYBE! I am going to bring 1 or 2 afghans to put in the raffle. Right now I gotta get to bed. I am really tired tonight. XOXOXOXOXOXO, Patty

6. Likes N/A, teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for sharing your story! I feel the same way about this darned scarf I am making! I was so determined to get my first 'long chain' scarf done, and yet it has beaten me every time. I finally balled up the yarn and stuck it in a canister to be looked at later! I am working on a throw with my go to pattern, but after reading this I feel like I am not alone in this and perhaps I will manage it some day!

Loving someone is accepting them for everything they are, and everything they are not.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm proud of you Faye! I've had a time or two with difficult patterns but, like you, I didn't give up. Kudos my crochet sister!!

9. Likes little drummer, teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the positive comments! It really is something that I struggle with I just can not have a WIP laying around. I feel it taunting me telling me "you are not as good as other people who crochet you can't finish this." I know I am a good crocheter but my brain won't let me believe it if I have walked away from something. Now you know my secret, I am very afraid that I am not good enough!! I admit this does not only affect my crocheting, but my relationships as well.

11. Likes dancingbaehr, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My dear Faye, I'm so happy that you found success! I know crocheting is your passion as is mine but you have to know that you are an amazing friend! How many times have any of us came to you and you have always been there for us?? You love us and we know it. I know I can call you day or night and you will be there to help me through my problem. You crochet wonderfully and a fabulous friend. Don't ever doubt yourself. Love you my dear friend! xoxo
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye my dear you are a Very good crocheter just as you are a GOOD FRIEND. Glad paige was there as all your friends are.
    Blocked from FB till 19th?? Your right in your message of Learning and God is there with you. Best of health xoxoxo HUGS

Post Thanks / Like
    Twinfaye, thank you for sharing such a heart-felt and inspirational story! Your persistence and effort certainly was worth it, as your Owl Hat is truly beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

15. Likes missro007, blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You girl are awesome! I know you can do what ever you put your mind to. I sometimes have to empty my mind to get things right. That's hard. Sometime I have to crochet to get my mind straight. oh well just can't always figure this old mind out.lol