Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Yarn shopping

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Yarn shopping

Today I went to Walmart to buy more of Red Heart's Boutique for a light spring/summer sweater. I ended up getting Red Heart's With Love in Boysenberry. It's beautiful and since I couldn't afford both, ended up with the boysenberry. If you see the color online it looks maroon. It's nowhere near maroon. It's kind of a dark magenta.

I just can't wait to get started but I will. I have 5 more rows to do on my round and round plus the sleeves and trim.
    See what Joyce Writes on Yahoo

2. Likes amanda, seashells_Shelly, teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey ooh-lalah you mighf find it in the knitting warehouse

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with you on the Boysenberry! I just love the color. I bought some of that yarn to use with Red Heart Soft in the jeweltone color for an afghan. I've been busy working on the wheelchair wrap and am nearly done with my 3rd one now. I hope you'll post a pic of your sweater using the Boysenberry. HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

5. Likes amanda, ooh-lalah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    seashells Shelly, I hope that this doesn't make me look really stupid, but I have to ask you a question. What is a wheel chair wrap? Is it a lapghan or a shawl or something else? I'm always looking for unique items to try and that sounds interesting. Thanks for enlightening me.

7. Likes amanda, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a pattern for a crochet wrap. It wraps around your shoulders.

Wheelchair Wrap - Media - Crochet Me

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much. I have added it to my to do list.

Post Thanks / Like
    I made this for a nursing home for a gift for Christmas, it was a big hit and I made it a little longer also. Very quick and easy. Happy Valentine's Day.
    Doris
    Too Blessed To Be Stress

11. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    Here is a pattern for a crochet wrap. It wraps around your shoulders.

Perfect, MeerKat. Thanks.

Sweetsue, you're not alone and you're not stupid. I had weird images of what a wheelchair wrap was. I couldn't figure out how you'd crochet something to wrap around a wheelchair or even why you would want to do so, LOL! So, it was MeerKat to the rescue!

I'm going to make this for my mom.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

13. Likes amanda, MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    Perfect, MeerKat. Thanks.

Sweetsue, you're not alone and you're not stupid. I had weird images of what a wheelchair wrap was. I couldn't figure out how you'd crochet something to wrap around a wheelchair or even why you would want to do so, LOL! So, it was MeerKat to the rescue!

I'm going to make this for my mom.
    Looks like we are on the same train of thought. I didn't want to originally admit it, but I pictured the same thing you did!! I figured if I was too far off track, I didn't want to embarass myself any more than I already had. Thanks for making me feel better.

15. Likes amanda, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sweet Sue
    Someone (and I apologize for not remembering who exactly) posted a picture of a "wheelchair wrap". They also posted a link to get the pattern. Here is the link that I think will take you to the pattern
    this is my first time trying to post a link so I guess I got it in 3 times, I just hope it works. Once you get the first one done, the rest go pretty quickly because you don't have to keep referring to the pattern once you get the hang of it. Don't ever think you might seem stupid for asking about something because I believe the only stupid question is the one you don't ask so there are no stupid questions to my way of thinking. If anyone remembers who posted this originally with the pic, help me out here, please. HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....